This 20 Minute Pineapple Fried Rice is so easy to make. Quick + Easy + Healthy + Gluten Free = Me Happy! 🙂
I love simple meals that you can just throw together at night after a busy day. Seriously, this recipe is SUPER easy!
So I’m trying to get back into the swing of things now that school has started back up for Gavin. He’s in 8th grade now, which means I have a full blown, testosterone driven, teenager in the house…yikes!
Really it’s not that bad. I get the occasional eye roll when I try to make a funny joke, or the super serious face no matter how funny my jokes are…ummm I’m funny right?! Ok maybe not.
It seems the only way I can crack a smile from him these days is by having Cary tell him his really bad jokes, such as – 1) “Why did the chicken cross the road? – To get to the other spice!” – OR: 2) “What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? NACHO CHEESE!”
Ummm. Yeah. Even I don’t think these are funny. But the cheeeessssiiinessss of his jokes always seems to make Gavin and me laugh at dinner time.
Now let’s get back to this Pineapple Fried Rice!
If you want to make this even EASIER, you could chop up everything the night before. Then when you come home from work or wherever, you can throw it all in the pan and whip this dish up even faster!
This in my opinion is waayyy better then any takeout fried rice I’ve had.
Typically me eating at Chinese restaurants don’t mix well. I love the food, but man oh man, every time I leave feeling bloated and sick.
So after I made this 20 Minute Pineapple Fried Rice I ate
1, ummm I mean 2 bowls of this! Darn you serving size rules. 😛 And guess what…no bloating and I’m feeling great!
This 20 Minute Pineapple Fried Rice recipe also works well as a side dish for my Thai Chicken Thighs.
If you try this recipe out, please leave me some feedback in the comments area. 🙂
- 3 cups cooked White or Brown Rice
- ½ cup chopped Sweet Onion
- ½ cup chopped Green Pepper
- ½ cup chopped Red Pepper
- ½ cup chopped Orange Pepper
- ½ cup chopped Green Onions
- ½ cup frozen Corn
- ½ cup frozen Peas
- 2 cups chopped Pineapple
- 2 Tbs minced Garlic
- 3 tsp Ginger powder
- 4 Tbs Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- 3 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Cook rice according to package.
- In small bowl whisk together tamari, sesame oil, ginger powder, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat large wok or saute pan over med-high heat, add coconut oil, sweet onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Saute 4-5 minutes until slightly softened and translucent.
- Add corn and peas, cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add green onion, rice and pineapple, cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add sauce, and cook another 1-2 minutes.