Ok you guys, so this is my first time making this Chicken Thighs Marsala dish! I was a little nervous making this. But in the end it turned out to be one of the easiest and tastiest dishes I have made! Oh and did I mention it requires only 1 pan? YES! 🙂
Ok so let’s start by me telling you a little secret, I’ve never cooked with Marsala wine before. In fact I wasn’t even sure where to buy it in the grocery store. I literally wandered around from aisle to aisle looking up and down the shelves. Note to anyone who has never purchased this: Marsala wine can be found with the cooking oils. Well at least that’s where it was in my store. 🙂
The Marsala wine gives this dish such an amazing flavor that is mildly sweet and savory.
My 12 year old son is also my toughest critic. He gobbled this up so fast and said ‘Hey mom, you should add this to your food blog’. Yes, I think I will! 🙂
Here’s what I love about this dish:
This can be made in just over 30 minutes, so it’s a great for a quick easy meal.
You only need 1 pan to make this! (insert lots of clapping) Less dishes = me happy 🙂
The chicken is uber tender and juicy.
The mushrooms and the sauce are so good, I could literally drink this sauce right out of the pan. 😛
The name of the dish sounds fancy, so you could totally impress your loved one by making this simple dish. 🙂
If you try this fancy dish, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
- 4 Chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 8oz package small mushrooms
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 2 large Shallots finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- fresh Thyme sprigs
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice mushrooms in half.
- In a cast iron skillet add olive oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Add chicken and cook over med-high heat 5 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Add butter, garlic, and shallots to pan and saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add Marsala wine to pan and reduce down a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream to pan and mix well.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to pan and top with thyme sprigs.
- Bake 20 minutes.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!