This Coconut Curry Carrot Ginger Soup is super easy to make and is loaded with flavor! Plus it’s Vegan and Gluten Free!
Happy first day of Spring!
Well actually it feels more like summer here in Florida, not Florida summer but more like Minnesota summer (where I used to live). The last few days have been beautiful, 80 degrees sunny and no humidity… it’s perfect.
So I decided to make a spring time soup that feels similar to sunshine for me. You’re probably thinking what?.. Soup that’s sunny? I guess what I mean is that when I eat this soup I feel so warm and good inside, it brings me joy. And the color of it is bright like the sun… soooo it’s sunny! 🙂
This soup requires minimal ingredients and is super easy to make.
In a medium pot add in the Coconut Oil, sauté the Onions first, then add in the Carrots and Ginger. Add in the Vegetable Broth, Curry Powder, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper. Bring it to a boil, then let simmer for about 20 minutes.
Remove the pot from heat and blend with an immersion blender (affiliate). Place the pot back on the stovetop and stir in the Coconut Milk, heat 1-2 minutes and it’s done! Easy Peasy!
I hope you guys love this soup as much as I did, it’s:
- Full of flavor
- and 100% Delicious!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Coconut Curry Carrot Ginger Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 large Carrots chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 thumb grated Ginger (about 1 Tbs)
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbs Curry Powder
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 13.6oz can Coconut Milk (regular not lite, I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- In a medium size pot add Coconut Oil and heat over med/high heat
- When oil is warm add Onion and sauté 2-3 minutes
- Add Carrots and Ginger, sauté 2-3 minutes
- Add Vegetable Broth, Curry Powder, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper
- Bring to a boil and turn heat down to med/low
- Simmer 20 minutes or until Carrots have softened
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender
- Place pot back onto stovetop and stir in Coconut Milk
- Heat 1 – 2 minutes
- Serve immediately