Let’s hear it for the Hummus lovers!
This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is super easy to make and is way better than the Hummus sold at the grocery stores! I made some of this for a holiday get together, and lets just say it was a total hit. 🙂
It’s hard to believe Christmas is only a day away. It seems like it was just Thanksgiving, I mean seriously – where does the time go?
So does everyone have their Christmas shopping done, or are you a last minute shopper that is scrambling in the malls on Christmas Eve Day looking for that perfect last minute gift?
I personally avoid the malls during the holidays. I don’t do well with big crowds of people, so I love to do my Christmas shopping online usually through Amazon.
For me there’s nothing better than sitting around my house in my PJs, sipping a hot cup of tea, and shopping online. Then a few days later having the packages show up at my door, it’s like having Santa deliver your online gifts. 🙂
Ok, so back to this Hummus recipe!
You will need some sort of a food processor to make this Hummus. I use a Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor. I did a lot of research before purchasing my food processor. I didn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars, but also didn’t want a cheapy model that would break after a few months. I checked out Amazon and this one got great reviews for the medium price range I wanted to stay in.
I absolutely love my food processor. It also makes chopping the vegetables for my Hummus a breeze. It chopped a whole cucumber in like 2 seconds!
So to make this, just simply Roast the Red Peppers in the oven. Then put everything in the food processor and pulse for around 30 seconds to a minute adding Olive Oil as you go to get the creamy consistency that you like.
That’s it, see – simple! 🙂
If you try this recipe let me know what you think by leaving a comment below, it’s super helpful to me and other readers!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
- 2 Red Peppers, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3 Tbs EVOO
- 1 15oz can Chickpeas
- 3 Tbs Tahini
- Dash of Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Juice from 1 small lemon (2-3 Tbs)
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes (less or more depending how spicy you like it)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add Red Pepper and Garlic to pan.
- Drizzle 1 Tbs EVOO over peppers.
- Bake 20 minutes until peppers are soft and have a little black around the edges.
- Let peppers cool 5-10 minutes.
- Reserve a few peppers for garnish.
- In food processor add Chickpeas, Red Peppers, Garlic, Tahini, Sea Salt, Cumin, Lemon Juice.
- Pulse for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add 1-2 more Tbs EVOO until desired consistency.
- Add Red Pepper flakes and pulse 30 seconds more.
- Taste and add more Red Pepper Flakes if you want it spicier.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!