Ok my foodie peeps…I am Totally in Love with Spaghetti Squash!!!
How, please tell me how or why I have never tried eating this until now?! (Kicking myself) 😛
Spaghetti Squash is like the best Gluten Free spaghetti noodle substitute I have ever found, for me it’s like a pot of gold. 🙂
UPDATE: I now have a Video Recipe for this! If you like this video, please share it and subscribe to my YouTube Channel, that way you will get notified every time I add a new Video Recipe! 🙂
I found my love for Acorn Squash, and Butternut Squash a little over a year ago. I know, I know, what can I say…I’m a slow foodie learner. I’ve always heard of people talking about making Spaghetti with Spaghetti Squash and I always thought, hmmm I should try that. But for whatever reason I didn’t.
Maybe it was too hard for me to spot the Spaghetti Squash in my grocery store (it’s always close to the floor). Who knows, whatevs, ok I can knock off cooking with Spaghetti Squash now on my foodie bucket list. 🙂
So when the Spaghetti Squash came out of the oven, and I started picking at it with a fork…
OMG – I had a foodie heaven moment. It was like instant noodles with every gentle fork scrape… wowza!
Ok you guys that have cooked with this before, you probably think I’m a total dork, and yes, yes I am. 😛
I thought about taking the ‘squash noodles’ out and putting them into a bowl with some marinara sauce I had made. If you use my homemade 15 Minute Marinara Sauce for this, it’s the perfect amount – no measuring needed!
But then I thought, hey why not make use of these self made bowls that the noodles are already sitting in! (and hey who doesn’t like less clean up and less dishes right)?!
I totally loved making these! The creative juices are flowing, and I keep thinking of new recipes to try using Spaghetti Squash now!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash
- ½ Red Pepper chopped
- ½ Sweet Onion chopped
- 4 cloves minced Garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Basil
- 2½ cups of Marinara Sauce
- ½ cups shredded low fat Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and cut Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Place squash halves cut side up on foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush 1 Tbsp Olive Oil over insides of squash.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- While the squash is baking prepare filling.
- In large saute pan add 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Onion, and Garlic.
- Saute 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Add Marinara Sauce to the sauté pan and turn heat down to low.
- Let simmer until squash is done.
- Remove baked squash from oven.
- With a fork gentle scrape the insides until it forms a spaghetti like consistency.
- In layers, add Marinara Sauce, Basil, Parmesan, and Mozzarella
- Bake for 12 minutes.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!