I used to be a total pasta lover, but since going Gluten Free I haven’t had much pasta lately. Awhile back I discovered Rice Noodles, to me it tastes just as good as regular noodles. Woohoo! That means my pasta eating days are now back again!
Alright, let’s get into this Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe!
I love Shrimp Scampi, I used to go to Italian places a lot before going Gluten Free. I would always order Shrimp Scampi. The best part of the dinner was the bread sticks they would serve. I would seriously devour the bread bowl before my order of food ever came. Then they’d bring a second bread bowl, and yes I would eat that as well, dipping it into my wonderful Shrimp Scampi Sauce…still drooling.
Sometimes I still miss that bread bowl, and I do miss eating out at Italian restaurants. It’s super hard to find anything Gluten Free on an Italian menu, well except a salad. At least that’s what I’ve found going out to eat. So I usually avoid eating out at Italian restaurants.
I tend to satisfy my Italian food craving by making my Gluten Free Italian dishes at home. Which leads into me making this Shrimp Scampi recipe. 🙂
This is super easy to make, which also makes for a nice quick easy weeknight meal during a busy work week. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel like there’s just not enough time in the day. I always try and make time to put a healthy meal on the table. Having a busy teenager in the house, it seems like this is the only time we spend together as a family. Wait, what? How is it I have a teenager already? Seriously I don’t know where the time goes. *sigh*
Ok back to the Shrimp…
I like to get Shrimp when it’s on sale. If you can’t get it fresh, then frozen is always good too. If you buy frozen Shrimp, you can thaw this fairly quickly by putting the frozen Shrimp into a bowl with cold water. Just change the water out every 10 minutes or so until they are thawed.
It’s also important to buy Shrimp that already has the shell removed, this will save you a ton of time.
To make the Rice pasta, you just cook it the same way you do for regular pasta, or just follow the instructions on the box.
Once the pasta is cooked, just drain and set aside.
The Shrimp takes only 3-4 minutes to cook. Once cooked and the sauce is added, just add into the noodles and serve!
This dish only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish!
See…I told you it was easy!
If you try this let me know what you think by leaving a comment below, it’s super helpful to me and other readers!
Bon Apetit! 🙂
- ½ lb Jumbo Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz Angel Hair Rice Pasta
- 2 Tbs heaping minced Garlic (I used Spice World jar brand)
- ¼ cup White Cooking Wine
- Juice from 1 large Lemon
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Parsley Flakes
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon sliced (mix in at end to garnish for a little extra lemon flavor)
- Rinse shrimp and dry on paper towels.
- In large pot filled ¾ with water, bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 7-10 minutes until pasta is softened. Drain and rinse.
- In large saute pan over med-high heat add olive oil, garlic, and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute 3-4 minutes until shrimp turns pink and is cooked all the way through.
- Add wine and lemon juice, toss in pasta.
- Add Parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes, and lemon slices.
- Stir well and remove from heat.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!