Ok you guys, so today I made this Spinach Mushroom Feta Quiche crustless. No crust = low carb and gluten free!
This is perfect for brunch, whether you’re feeding a lot of people or just yourself, (it’s great to reheat this for breakfast on the go too!)
Quiche. I love a good quiche, but I thought since going gluten free I could no longer enjoy this dish for breakfast.
I finally figured out a way to make this quiche still taste amazing without the crust!
I spread Spinach on the bottom of the pie plate to replace the crust with.
Then I sautéed some Mushrooms and Garlic to put on top of the Spinach.
I sprinkled Feta Cheese on top of the Mushrooms.
Then poured the Egg mixture over the top and baked it.
As I’m sitting out in my lanai writing this, I’m noshing on a big piece of this quiche right now.
I actually made this quiche yesterday. So all I had to do this morning was wake up, heat up a giant piece of quiche, brew myself a cup of tea, and head on out to my lanai along with my laptop so I could work on this post. 🙂
I love mornings like this.
My lanai looks out into a forrest full of pine trees and a few palm trees. It’s not much different from the view I had in my backyard back in Minnesota, (well minus the palm trees).
It’s weird, I never thought Florida would have so many pine trees, well at least northern Florida does. I’ve seen a few deer walking along the forrest edge here, some wild turkeys, and an armadillo!
I’m not sure what else is lurking in the woods here, and I’m never stepping foot in it. I mean there’s probably spiders and snakes, and who knows what else! But it’s still beautiful and I love nature.
So I’m going to go back to eating my Spinach Mushroom Feta Quiche now… nom, nom, nom!
If you try this, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s really helpful to me and other readers.
- 10 oz box of frozen Spinach (thawed and drained)
- 8 oz sliced Mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 3.5 oz package of Feta Cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded Mozzerella
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large saute pan add Olive Oil, Mushrooms, and Garlic, cook 5-7 min.
- Spay pie pan with non stick cooking spray
- Spread drained Spinach on bottom of pie pan
- Add Mushrooms and Feta
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs
- Add Coconut Milk, Parmesan, Salt and Pepper and stir well
- Pour egg mixture over mushrooms
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top
- Bake 45-60 minutes
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving