Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Quinoa with Roasted Zucchini – This is so light, refreshing, and loaded with flavor! Perfect as a meal or a side dish!
If you’ve been following the blog for awhile then you know I have a HUGE love for Quinoa! 🙂
Quinoa by itself is quite bland, but when mixed with different things such as this Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto I made… Wowza! It is so delicious!
I wanted to mix in another vegetable with this, so I thought it might be cool to hollow out some Zucchini, roast them, and then stuff them with the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Quinoa.
Guess what… it totally worked! Yum Yum Yum!
Now if you didn’t want to stuff the Zucchini, you could certainly just chop it up after roasting and then mix it into the Quinoa.
It’s totally up to you and how you want to serve this.
I hope you guys love this Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Quinoa with Roasted Zucchini as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Great for Meal Prepping
- and Incredibly Savory
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Quinoa with Roasted Zucchini
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 2 medium to large Zucchini
- 2 medium to large Yellow Squash
- 1-2 Tbs EVOO
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Tbs Shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Cook Quinoa as directed on package, I used Ancient Harvest brand so cooking time on this recipe reflects that.
- While Quinoa is cooking prepare the rest
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut ends off of Zucchini and Squash, then cut lengthwise in half, and scoop out the seeds in the center
- Rub Zucchini and Squash with EVOO and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 7 minutes on each side
- When Quinoa is fully cooked add Shallots, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and mix well
- Stuff the Quinoa into the hollowed out part of Zucchini, Squash, and serve