Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup with Kale
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 40 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup sliced Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove chopped
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbs dried Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio Rice
- 2 cups chopped Kale, thick stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh Lemon Juice (approximately 3 Lemons)
- Add Chicken, Carrots, Onion, Garlic, Chicken Broth, Thyme, Bay Leaves, Salt, and Pepper to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or high 3 hours.
- Remove Chicken and shred with a fork until bite size pieces are created, add back to slow cooker.
- Remove Bay Leaves and discard.
- Add Rice and Kale.
- Cover and cook 1/2 hour.
- Stir in Lemon Juice (Note, start with a little bit at a time until desired taste. I like mine very lemony so I used 1/2 cup).
- Serve immediately.
- Note: if the rice absorbs too much liquid you can add more broth and reheat.