White Wine Mussels with Zucchini Noodles
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten Free
- 2 lbs Live Black Mussels
- 5 cloves minced Garlic
- 3 Tbs Fresh Thyme
- 1 1/2 cups Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Pepper
- 4 medium Zucchini spiralized into thin pasta-like noodles
- Rinse and scrub the Mussels under cold water, using your fingers or paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard.
- In a large pot add Garlic, Thyme, Wine, Broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add Mussels and cover cooking until Mussels have opened (about 5 minutes).
- While Mussels are cooking start the Zucchini noodles.
- In a large frying pan add EVOO and heat over med/high heat.
- When oil is warm add Zucchini noodles and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Toss with a tongs for 1-2 minutes (careful not to overcook or they will get watery and mushy).
- Divide Zucchini noodles into serving bowls.
- Top with Mussels.
- Spoon desired amount of White Wine sauce over each bowl.
- Serve immediately.