Walnut Crusted Mahi Mahi
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 21 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten Free
- 2 6oz Mahi Mahi fillets, fresh or frozen, if frozen thaw first
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Panko I used Gluten Free
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Egg
- Grapeseed Oil, enough to fill the bottom of skillet, about 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In food processor chop Walnuts until they are the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Mix together Walnuts, Paprika, and Panko on a large plate.
- In small bowl whisk the Egg.
- Fill bottom of 9 inch cast iron skillet with Grapeseed Oil and heat over med-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, dip Mahi Mahi in Egg coating both sides.
- Add Mahi Mahi to Panko mixture and coat both sides.
- Add Mahi fillets to the hot skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side.
- Place skillet in the oven for another 10 minutes until firm and flaky.