White Wine And Thyme Roasted Cornish Game Hens
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, holiday
- 4 Cornish Game Hens
- 1 cup chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 cup chopped Celery
- 4 large Garlic cloves
- 10–20 fresh sprigs of Thyme
- 1/2 cup White Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2–3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Cooking Twine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse inside and out of Cornish Game Hens with water and place on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
- Stuff each hen with Garlic, Onion, Celery and Thyme.
- If any Onion or Celery are remaining, place in bottom of roasting pan.
- Tie the legs of each hen together with cooking twine to keep stuffing in.
- Rub Olive Oil evenly over each hen.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper over each hen
- Add Wine and Chicken Broth to the bottom of roasting pan.
- Bake 50 minutes to an hour, basting the hens every 10 minutes with the juices from the roasting pan. Stop basting during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- They will be fully cooked when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear.
- Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving.
- Remove cooking twine before serving.