These Blueberry Basil Margaritas are so delicious and refreshing! This will be your new favorite cocktail!
So who’s celebrating Cinco de Mayo this weekend?!
Fun fact, me and my best friend went to Mexico a few years back on a girls trip over Cinco de Mayo. We were all excited thinking there would be all of these festivities happening. But nope. Nada.
We asked the bartender at the resort we were staying at if they were doing any celebrations for the holiday. He said, no we don’t celebrate that holiday in Mexico, only Americans celebrate it. Haha!
I guess we Americans celebrate any holiday. We just love to have a reason to throw a party! 🙂
I hope you love these Blueberry Basil Margaritas as much as I did! They’re:
- Fun to make
- Perfect for any party
- and so Refreshing
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Blueberry Basil Margaritas
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktails, Gluten Free, Mexican
- 4-5 fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice (about 1/2 a lime)
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 oz Tequila Blanco
- Cocktail shaker and strainer
- In a cocktail shaker add Basil, Blueberries, and Simple Syrup.
- Muddle until Blueberries are mushy.
- Add in Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, and Tequila.
- Cover and shake.
- In a small glass or margarita glass add crushed ice.
- Pour Tequila mixture through strainer over ice.
- Garnish with more Blueberries and Basil if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!