I’m trying something new you guys! Today on the blog it’s Baked Spinach Provolone Chicken Breasts! This meal comes together so easy and cooks in about 30 minutes making it perfect for a busy night after work. Are you drooling yet?! 🙂
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
I gotta tell you, I’ve never really tried stuffing meat before. I’ve ordered stuff like this in restaurants, because it seems so fancy, and it’s always so delicious! So I figured, hey why not go outside my bubble a little and try this recipe myself!
Also, I’ve been missing my date nights with Cary. He works on a cruise ship as a musician and he’s been gone for like 4 months now, ugh!
The first 3 months I was doing ok, just keeping busy with work, creating new recipes for you guys, trying out a new Yoga class, taking some Salsa lessons, and driving my son around to various activities.
I figure if I stay busy enough it’ll take my mind off of Cary being gone. Well it only works temporarily. I think this week I hit a wall. Just feeling blah and missing him like crazy.
So I decided to make a meal that felt like a ‘date night’ meal I could have at home. Except my meal was shared with my son, who by the way makes a great date. I do love our mother and son dinner dates! 🙂
This was really simple to make too! So if you’re looking to have a ‘date night’ dinner at home, or just a great meal with your family, give this a try!
First I just sautéed some baby spinach and garlic for a few minutes.
Then carefully butterfly the chicken breasts making sure you don’t cut all the way through.
Then just place a slice of Provolone Cheese over each piece of chicken and top with the spinach.
Gently fold the chicken over in half and make sure everything is stuffed nicely inside.
Bake it up, and Yum Yum Yum! Soooo Delicious!
If you like this recipe, try my new Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Brie and Rosemary!!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Baked Spinach Provolone Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts butterflied
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 5oz container of fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 clove minced Garlic
- Dash of Paprika
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large frying pan add Olive Oil and Garlic, sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Spinach and stir frequently until Spinach is wilted and cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Butterfly chicken breasts, slice lengthwise down the middle but not all the way through.
- Place a slice of Provolone cheese over each chicken breast.
- Add Spinach and garlic on top of cheese.
- Fold chicken in half like a sandwich keeping the stuffing in.
- Place on greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle top of chicken with paprika.
- Bake uncovered 30 Minutes.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!