If you have never tried Brussels Sprouts, now is the time. I was the biggest skeptic in the world until I tried these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Ginger. This is now my new favorite side dish!
To be perfectly honest the very first time I tried Brussels Sprouts was about a year ago. I was never made to eat them as a kid, but I heard plenty of stories from people being ‘tortured’ to eat these as a kid.
Maybe I was just too scared to try eating these after hearing all of the stories. So one day I decided to be brave and order them off of a menu, just to say I tried it. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised! Brussels Sprouts were so crisp and flavorful, who knew?!
I now make this easy side dish at home with my meals.
I prefer to roast them, because I like the crispy slightly burnt outer edges of the Sprouts. It’s like candy to me. If you don’t like the crispy outer layer, you can just peel it off…and then give it to me. 🙂
I chose to roast these with fresh Lemon and Ginger because the flavors go so good together. It gives this a nice citrusy flavor from the Lemon, and a bit of a sweet warm flavor from the Ginger.
Making these is really easy. Wash and peel the outer layer of the sprouts. Cut off the bottoms and then slice these in half length wise.
Add them to a medium bowl.
Add in Garlic, Ginger, EVOO, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper.
Toss together making sure all sides of the Brussels Sprouts are covered.
Spread on a sheet pan leaving a little space between each sprout, you don’t want them to be over crowded, then they tend to get mushy.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes flipping them over half way through.
(Keep scrolling for the handy dandy printable recipe)
If you have never tried Brussels Sprouts before and try this, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! I love hearing from you all! 🙂
If you love this recipe, try my Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Gorgonzola!
- 15-20 Brussels Sprouts sliced in half and bottoms sliced off
- 1 cloves of Garlic minced (about 2 tsp)
- 1 thumb of Ginger minced (about 1 Tbs)
- 3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- ½ lemon juiced (about 2 tsp)
- ¼ tsp ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp ground Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss together the Brussels Sprouts, Garlic, Ginger, EVOO, Lemon Juice, Pepper, and Salt in a medium size bowl until all are well coated.
- Spread on a sheet pan leaving a little space between each sprout.
- Bake for 20 minutes turning half way through.