These Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Gorgonzola could be the perfect side dish! The Brussels get cooked right in the Bacon grease, then with the mixed in Gorgonzola, this is absolutely drool worthy!
Brussels Sprouts always seem to get a bad wrap. Mention Brussels Sprout to some people and the reaction is a look of disgust.
I think those people had some sort of bad childhood experience where they were forced to eat Brussels Sprouts that were simply not cooked like they should be, like adding seasonings, cheese, and Bacon (because Bacon makes everything better, am I right?!)
Honestly I had never been forced to eat these as a kid. In fact the first time I tried Brussels Sprouts was about 5 years ago.
I have to admit I was skeptical, but when I took my first bite… man oh man these were so delicious!
I hope you guys love these Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Gorgonzola as much as I did! They’re:
- Easy to make
- Full of flavor
- and Insanely Delicious!
If you love this recipe try my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Ginger!
What to serve with Brussels Sprouts
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Gorgonzola
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1/2 lb Brussels Sprouts cleaned trimmed, tough outer leaves removed, and cut in half lengthwise
- 6 slices thick Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 2–3 Tbs Gorgonzola crumbles
- In a large cast iron skillet cook Bacon over medium heat until desired crispiness
- Remove Bacon and place on paper towels to drain the grease
- Chop Bacon into bite size pieces and set aside
- Keep at least 2 Tbs of the bacon grease in the pan
- Add Brussels to skillet and turn up heat to med/high and sauté 5-7 minutes until slightly softened and edges are crispy
- Add Bacon back into skillet
- Add Gorgonzola stir and cook about 1 minute until cheese has melted
- Serve and add more Gorgonzola crumbs if desired