This Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash is super easy to make and tastes so delicious! This is a great Gluten Free alternative to regular noodles!
I love, love, love Spaghetti Squash!
I actually only discovered how good it was a few years ago after going gluten free.
I’m always on the lookout for good tasting ‘noodle’ alternatives.
My first time experimenting with this was back when I first started blogging about food. I know that sounds funny to most people, but to us foodies, food blogging is a real thing! I absolutely love what I do, and I love sharing my new creations with you guys! 🙂
The first recipe I made with Spaghetti Squash was called Italian Spaghetti Squash Boats. Everything cooks right inside the Spaghetti Squash which makes for easy cleanup!
I decided to try a different approach today with Spaghetti Squash by keeping it real simple.
I didn’t add sauce or anything to this, but you certainly could if you wanted to.
Once the Spaghetti Squash was cooked in the oven (full printable recipe below), I scraped out all of the Spaghetti Squash from the shell creating these lovely noodles. This process still fascinates me to this day, ahh it’s the little things in life. 🙂
In a large frying pan I added Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 4 large cloves of minced Garlic. You can add more or less Garlic depending on how you like it. I love Garlic, the more the better for me!
Sauté the Garlic 1-2 minutes over medium heat until it’s nice and fragrant, your house will smell like an Italian kitchen!
Then add the Spaghetti Squash ‘noodles’ to the pan along with the Parmesan and stir until combined.
Watch the quick 60 second video on how to make this recipe below!
Remove from heat and serve it with some fresh Garlic Bread. One of my favs is Udi’s Gluten Free French Baguettes. You can find this in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
I also topped my Spaghetti Squash with a little Italian Parsley for some color, but you don’t have to add that. I just thought it looked prettier for pictures. 🙂
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
- 1 medium to large Spaghetti Squash
- 4 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) divided
- 4 large cloves of Garlic minced (about 2 Tbs)
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Italian Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cut Spaghetti Squash lengthwise in half.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Brush inside of Squash with 2 Tbs EVOO.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Place Squash insides down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until inside of Squash pierces easily with a fork.
- Take a fork and scrape the insides of the Squash out creating 'Spaghetti noodles'.
- In a large frying add 2 Tbs EVOO and Garlic.
- Saute over medium heat 1-2 minutes until Garlic is softened and fragrant.
- Add the Spaghetti Squash 'noodles' to the pan.
- Add Parmesan.
- Remove from heat and stir until mixed well.
- Garnish with Italian Parsley.
- Serve as is or top with your favorite spaghetti sauce.