This Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup is such a delicious rich and creamy soup, that it’s hard to believe it’s Healthy, Low in Calories (under 300 calories per serving), Vegan, Dairy Free, and Gluten free! Plus it’s super simple to make, ok guys let’s get into this recipe!
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
I have been on a major Squash kick lately. Fall is here and I am loving all things Squash! Just recently I made Baked Butternut Squash, which oh my gosh you guys – it’s soooo good!
Well I was thinking that Butternut Squash would make a great rich and hearty Fall soup. I love the semi-sweet taste Butternut Squash has, but I wanted to create a soup that had a bit of a spicy kick to it. Sort of sweet-n-spicy. I thought well why not take my love of curry and coconut and pair them together to make this soup really pop!
So to make this soup, it’s similar to my Baked Butternut Squash recipe, you just need to add different seasonings to the Squash before baking it.
After the Squash is done baking, you just add it to a blender along with some Coconut Milk and blend for about 30 seconds until smooth (or less if you want it more chunky). You could also reserve some of the squash and add it later to create a more chunky soup.
Once you have it blended, just add it to a medium saucepan and place over medium heat for about 5 minutes until it’s all warm.
See, I told you it was easy!
Here’s what I love about this soup:
-It’s so simple to make, just bake, blend, and heat.
-It’s texture is so rich and creamy, it’s the perfect soup for Fall.
-You can add as much or as little Curry spice you want for this.
-You could make this ahead of time and just re-heat when ready.
-It’s loaded with Vitamin A and C, perfect for warding off any colds that seem to creep up this time of year.
-This has under 300 Calories per serving, making this a super healthy meal! 🙂
If you try this, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s really helpful to me and other readers!
- 1 Butternut Squash
- ½ cup chopped Sweet Onions
- 4 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon Curry powder
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- Dash of Red Pepper flakes
- 2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp ground Turmeric
- 1 can light Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wash and cut the skin off of the squash
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Chop squash into 1 inch pieces
- Place parchment paper over baking pan
- Add squash, onion, and garlic
- Sprinkle all seasonings evenly over squash
- Drizzle olive oil over squash
- Bake 35 minutes until squash is soft
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Add baked squash mix to blender
- Add coconut milk and blend until smooth
- Add pureed squash to medium saucepan
- Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes until warm
- You can spice this up as much as you like by adding more curry powder or red pepper flakes.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!