Here’s an easy step by step on How To Roast Acorn Squash. You can eat it as a side dish, or stuff it and make a complete meal out of it!
If you’re looking for recipes for stuffed Acorn Squash check out this Roasted Acorn Squash stuffed with Sage Mushrooms and Cranberries, or this Roasted Acorn Squash with Cranberry Walnut Quinoa Stuffing.
But before making either one of those you have to Roast the Acorn Squash, so here’s the step by step on this process.
Watch the 60 second video below on how to make this!
Having a really sharp big knife works best for cutting into the Acorn Squash.
Start by cutting each end of the Squash off.
Then cut the Squash in half lengthwise.
Scoop out the seeds.
It’s kinda like carving a Pumpkin! 🙂
Place the Squash on a baking sheet lined with Parchment Paper (less messy and won’t stick to your pan).
Brush each half with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Then sprinkle with Sea Salt and Pepper.
Turn the Squash halves over and bake at 450 degrees for 25-35 minutes until the Squash pierces easily with a fork.
If you’re stuffing the Squash then you would want to remove the Roasted Squash around the 25 minute mark.
Stuff it and then bake it for an additional 10 minutes if using the stuffed Squash recipes from above.
I hope you found this helpful!
Cheers to Squash Season!Print
How To Roast Acorn Squash
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 Tbs EVOO
- 1/4 tsp ground Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and trim the ends off of the Acorn Squash.
- Stand Squash upright and cut in half length wise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Place Squash on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Brush inside of Squash with 1 Tbs Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp each of Salt and Pepper evenly over inside of Squash.
- Turn Squash over so insides are facing down on the baking sheet.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until squash is tender enough to pierce with a fork.