These Roasted Rosemary Red Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal! It’s super easy to make, just add everything to a foil packet and grill or bake, no cleanup!
I love it when side dishes are easy to whip up, don’t you?
I have been making these potatoes for years. When I lived in Minnesota I would grill all of the time, even in the winter. Yes I was a true Minnesotan (Yeah You Betcha!) donning my winter coat, hat, and gloves while grilling in the freezing cold. 😛
But now that I’m living in a condo in Florida, I no longer can grill. I miss grilling, I love the flavor you get from the grill. I do not miss the freezing cold weather though, so it’s a trade off I guess. 🙂
I decided to make these potatoes the same way I would prepare them for the grill and bake them in the oven instead. They turned out absolutely Delicious!
So there it is, you can grill or bake these yummy potatoes!
The directions in the printable recipe below are for baking. If you choose to grill this, grill the foil packet over med-high heat. Place the foil packet over indirect heat. If you’re not familiar with indirect heat, it’s basically placing it to the side of the heat source instead of directly over the flame. This can be achieved by igniting only some burners on a gas barbecue or by piling coals to one side of a charcoal pit. I usually turn the foil packet 180 degrees on the grill half way through so it cooks evenly. They cook for about the same amount of time. Just check the potato doneness half way through by sticking a fork in the potatoes.
Here’s what I love about these Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes:
- This is super easy to make
- While this is cooking you can prepare the rest of your meal
- Fresh Rosemary gives the potatoes a wonderful flavor
- You can add anything you want to the potatoes such as peppers, cheese, etc.
- No cleanup, just toss the foil when you’re done eating!
If you try this let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s super helpful to me and other readers!
- 5 medium Red Potatoes chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ sweet onion chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried or fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Add potatoes, onion, and garlic to foil.
- Add seasonings.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes.
- Wrap up into a foil packet leaving potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and slightly crispy on the outside.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!