This Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup with Kale is so healthy, hearty, and savory! This will be your new favorite soup!
Some days I just love a good comforting soup. Chicken and rice is definitely one of my favorite soups to make. I decided to put a new twist on it by adding some Kale and Lemon!
Kale is perfect for soup. The leaves hold up well and you don’t get much wilting like you would using Spinach or some other leafy green.
Plus Kale is so good for you. It has powerful antioxidants, tons of vitamins, it can help lower cholesterol, and is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world!
Basically Kale is like a SuperFood!
I also love the addition of adding fresh Lemon Juice to this soup. I recommend using the juice from Lemons vs. the kind out of a bottle. There is definitely a taste difference.
Now I love Lemons, so I juiced 3 Lemons into this soup which was about 1/2 cup. You may want to start with a small amount of Lemon Juice, stir it in, taste and add more juice to your liking. 🙂
If you like this soup be sure to check out these recipes below as well!
I hope you guys love this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup with Kale as much as we did! It’s:
- Super easy to make
- And 100% Satisfying
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup with Kale
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 40 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup sliced Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove chopped
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbs dried Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio Rice
- 2 cups chopped Kale, thick stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh Lemon Juice (approximately 3 Lemons)
- Add Chicken, Carrots, Onion, Garlic, Chicken Broth, Thyme, Bay Leaves, Salt, and Pepper to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or high 3 hours.
- Remove Chicken and shred with a fork until bite size pieces are created, add back to slow cooker.
- Remove Bay Leaves and discard.
- Add Rice and Kale.
- Cover and cook 1/2 hour.
- Stir in Lemon Juice (Note, start with a little bit at a time until desired taste. I like mine very lemony so I used 1/2 cup).
- Serve immediately.
- Note: if the rice absorbs too much liquid you can add more broth and reheat.