This Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup (Gluten Free) is loaded with goodness and is perfect for warding off those winter colds.
I always like to add a little Ginger to this to kick up the immunity boosting a notch.
It’s that time of year again. People all around are coughing and sneezing, and I try to hold my breath as I pass by them. And then it happens. I get sick.
I immediately begin craving Chicken Noodle Soup, but I don’t exactly feel like standing over a pot of soup on the stove top when all I want to do is crawl under a blanket and wrap my hands around a warm bowl of this soup and nurse myself back to health.
So I like to make this soup in my Slow Cooker because it’s so easy, even when I’m sick.
Just dump everything except the noodles in the Slow Cooker and let the goodness begin!
It’s almost like having someone else cook for you. 🙂
Watch the 60 second RECIPE Video for this below!
During the last 10 minutes of cooking, I remove the Chicken and shred it with a fork. Then add it back to the Slow Cooker along with the noodles.
I used Brown Rice Spiral Pasta Noodles for this to keep it Gluten Free. These taste just like regular noodles to me and are so delicious in this soup!
I also like to eat this with my favorite Gluten Free French Baguettes from Udi’s. You can find these in the freezer bread section of most grocery stores.
This is the only Gluten Free Baguette I have found that tastes just like a regular Baguette.
Alright I am going to go back to eating this soup and resting so I can be healthy again!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup (Gluten Free)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbs minced Garlic about 5 cloves
- 1 Tbs minced Ginger about a 2 inch piece skin removed
- 2 cups chopped Celery about 6 stalks
- 2 cups chopped Carrots about 6 medium
- 2 cups chopped Sweet Onion about 1/2 a large onion
- 8 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbs dried Thyme
- 1 Tbs dried Parsley Flakes
- 2 tsp dried Sage
- 1/4 tsp ground Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves remove before serving
- 2 cups gluten free noodles I used brown rice pasta spirals
- Add Chicken to Crockpot.
- Add in Garlic, Ginger, Celery, Carrots, and Onion.
- Pour in Chicken Broth.
- Add Thyme, Parsley, Sage, Salt, Pepper, and Bay Leaves.
- Cover and heat crockpot on high for 4 hrs or low for 8.
- During last 10 minutes of cooking remove chicken and chop or shred into bite size pieces, add back to crockpot.
- Add in noodles, cover and cook 10 minutes until noodles are done.
- Remove Bay Leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!