This Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan Crisps is made with simple fresh ingredients. This soup is hearty, healthy, and so velvety!
Here’s a fun fact about me… growing up as a kid in Minnesota I had Tomato Soup with Grilled Tuna Cheese Melts every Wednesday night for dinner.
It was total comfort food!
My mom was an amazing cook who used to make and bake everything from scratch. But Wednesday nights were her choir practice nights at church, so she took a night off from ‘cooking from scratch’ and would make me and my brother some good ‘ol Cambell Tomato Soup with the Tuna Cheese Melts.
Now that I’m older I’m not a huge fan of soup out of a can. So I decided to make my own homemade version of this soup to recreate my childhood comfort food with more of a grownup twist! 🙂
I started by roasting some Roma Tomatoes, Grape Tomatoes, Carrots (yes carrots), Onion, and Garlic.
Once roasted I threw it all my Vitamix and blended it until it was like a puree consistency. Added it to a pot along with some Vegetable Broth and fresh Basil Leaves.
Brought it to a simmer to heat for 3-5 minutes so the Basil flavor sets in. Then used an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
Topped this soup with some homemade crispy Parmesan Crisps for the win! Yasss!
I hope you guys love this Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan Crisps as much as we did! It’s:
- and Oh so Savory!
More Soup Recipes
- Gluten Free French Onion Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Curry Cauliflower Soup
- Spicy Sausage and White Bean Soup with Spinach
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup with Lemon
- Italian Sausage and Wild Rice Soup
- Greek Lemon Chicken Rice Soup
- Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup with Spinach
- Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- Vegetable Detox Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan Crisps
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 2 lbs Roma Tomatoes halved
- 1 lb Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 medium Yellow Onion coarsely chopped
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 4–6 small to medium Carrots coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place 1 Tbs of Parmesan onto parchment paper lined baking sheet for each Parmesan Crisp leaving 2 inch space in between each one
- Bake 5 minutes until edges of cheese are slightly browned
- Remove from oven and place Crisps on paper towels to drain, set aside
- Turn oven to 425 degrees
- On the same parchment lined baking sheet add Roma Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, Carrots, sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, drizzle EVOO over everything
- Bake 25 minutes
- Let cool a bit, then add to a Vitamix or high speed blender
- Pour Tomato puree into a large pot and turn heat to med/high
- Add Vegetable Broth and Basil leaves
- Bring to a simmer, stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes to let the flavor of the Basil set in
- With an immersion blender carefully blend the Basil in the soup until creamy
- Taste and add more Salt or Pepper if desired
- Serve with Parmesan Crisps