These Blackened Tuna Steaks take less than 10 minutes to make and have so much flavor! Just pair it with your favorite side dishes, use it in tacos, or top it on a salad!
I love blackened fish of any kind. I order it this way every time I’m at a seafood restaurant.
I started experimenting at home with different seasonings so I could recreate restaurant style Blackened Tuna at home.
It took a few tries, but I finally nailed it! 🙂 Alright let’s get into how to make these Blackened Tuna Steaks!
All you need for the blackened seasoning is Paprika, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper.
This works with literally any type of fish or shrimp. You could even use this on chicken or beef too!
Just mix the spices together and rub both sides of the Tuna to evenly coat it. Add Coconut Oil to a large cast iron skillet, heat on med/high heat
When oil is melted and shimmering add Tuna Steaks. Cook 1-2 minutes each side for rare, or 3-4 minutes for medium to well done Remove from skillet and serve immediately.
I decided to keep it light and serve it over some Red Cabbage and Avocado slices. It was absolutely delicious!
I’ve also paired this with my Roasted Garlic Cauliflower, so good!
More Blackened Seasoning Recipes
- Blackened Shrimp Quinoa Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad
- Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich
- Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos with Mango Slaw
- Black and Blue Burgers
- Blackened Shrimp Cobb Salad
- Blackened Flank Steak Tacos with Avocado Lime Sauce
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Blackened Tuna Steaks
These Blackened Tuna Steaks take less than 10 minutes to make and have so much flavor! Just pair it with your favorites side dishes, or top it on a salad!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 4 Tuna Steaks
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbs ground Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp ground Cayenne
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- In a small bowl combine Paprika, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper
- Spread mixture evenly over each Tuna Steak coating all sides
- Add Coconut Oil to a large cast iron skillet, heat on med/high heat
- When oil is melted and shimmering add Tuna Steaks
- Cook 1-2 minutes each side for rare, or 3-4 minutes for medium to well done
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately
Keywords: Blackened Tuna Steaks, tuna, tuna steaks, blackened tuna, fish, seafood, gluten free