These Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos with Mango Slaw will be your new favorite fish taco! The spiciness of the fish combined with the sweetness of the slaw are the perfect combo!
You guys… these Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos are EVERYTHING to me right now!
After living in Florida for almost 5 years, I’ve definitely had my fair share of fish tacos. I probably have them at least once a week when I go out to eat.
But eating out all the time can get a little spendy, so I’ve been trying to cut back a bit. I figured I could recreate my favorite fish tacos at home for a fraction of the price. Whoop Whoop!
For the past couple of weeks I’ve been experimenting with spices and have been trying to get this recipe for Blackened Mahi Mahi perfected.
Now even though I can get fresh Mahi Mahi here, I opted for the frozen ones since they were a little cheaper.
I just thawed the package of fish out in a bowl filled with cold water for about 15 minutes, changing the water every 5 minutes.
If you use frozen fish, just make sure you pat them dry after they are thawed. This will help the seasoning stick better to them.
I covered all sides of each fillet with the blackened seasoning to maximize the flavor.
Now let’s just talk about this Mango Slaw for a second. Wowza!
It was super easy to make. I actually whipped this up before thawing out the Mahi, that way it could marinade in the fridge for a bit. This also helped soften up the Red Cabbage.
This Mango Slaw is the perfect fit for the Blackened Mahi Mahi. It’s like a match made in taco heaven. 🙂
I hope you guys love these Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos with Mango Slaw as much as we did! They’re:
- Full of flavor
- and INSANELY delicious!
If you like this recipe be sure to check out my other Taco creations below as well!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos with Mango Slaw
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican, Seafood, Gluten Free
- For the Tacos:
- 4 Mahi Mahi fillets 6oz each
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbs ground Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp ground Cayenne
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Soft Tortilla Shells (I used gluten free)
- For the Mango Slaw:
- 3 1/2 cups shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 Mango chopped
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Lime juiced
- Start by making the Mango Slaw
- In a large bowl add Red Cabbage, Mango, EVOO, Cilantro, Salt, and Lime Juice
- Mix well and refrigerate until tacos are done
- In a small bowl mix together Paprika, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Salt and Pepper
- Spread mixture evenly over each Mahi Mahi fillet coating all sides
- Add Coconut Oil to a large cast iron skillet, heat on med/high heat
- When oil is melted and shimmering add Mahi Mahi fillets
- Cook 4 minutes each side or until cooked all the way through (cook time can vary by the thickness of each fillet)
- Once fish is cooked, chop the fillets up into bite size pieces with your spatula
- Add fish to heated Tortilla Shells, top with Mango Slaw