These Baja Shrimp Tacos with Fiesta Avocado Salsa are super easy to make and are so addicting! I bet you can’t eat just one!
There’s this Holiday coming up tomorrow called Cinco De Mayo. Here’s a little interesting fact, most people from Mexico do not celebrate this! I found this out when me and my best friend Becca went on a girls trip a few years back to Mexico over Cinco De Mayo. We were all excited, thinking there would be this big party at the resort we were staying on May 5. NOPE. We asked a couple of the bartenders working at the resort, and they just laughed. They said only people from the United States celebrate Cinco De Mayo, huh, go figure!
So there you go, a little fun fact. I guess we just like to celebrate any Holiday (even if it’s not), because it gives us a reason to get together with friends, eat great food, and enjoy tasty beverages… wait we need a Holiday for that?! 🙂
Ok who’s ready for Baja Shrimp Tacos?!
If you are using frozen Shrimp, make sure you thaw them out before making this. I like to thaw mine in a bowl of cold water, switching the water out every 10 minutes until they are thawed. They are usually thawed in 20-30 minutes.
Now I had bought Shrimp with the tails on, because they were on sale. I mean who doesn’t like a good deal right?! Once my Shrimp were thawed, I peeled an deveined them before cooking. I don’t mind doing a little extra work if it saves me $$$. 🙂
Once the Shrimp is thawed go ahead and start marinading them. While they are marinading you can start making the Salsa!
So once you have the Salsa all prepped and ready to go, you can cook the Shrimp!
I simply added the Shrimp and all of the marinade to my pan and sautéed them over med-high heat for about 5 minutes until the Shrimp was pink and cooked all the way through.
To make this Gluten Free, I used Corn Tortillas. I just heated them up in the microwave for 15 seconds to get them nice and warm.
Then I added the Salsa and topped it with the Shrimp!
Wowza! I was in Foodie Nirvana eating this!
If you try this and love this as much as I do, show some love and leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂
And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
Baja Shrimp with Fiesta Avocado Salsa
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican, Seafood
- For the Shrimp:
- 1/2 pound Shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Juice from 3 small Limes
- 1 Habanero finely chopped
- 1 tsp Honey
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped Cilantro
- For the Salsa:
- 2 Avocados
- 1 large lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup orange pepper chopped
- 1 habanero pepper chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Use Corn Tortillas to make these tacos Gluten Free
- If your shrimp is frozen, thaw in a bowl of cold water. Drain and switch out water every 10 min until thawed.
- In shallow pan, I use a pie plate, add Shrimp, EVOO, Lime juice, Habanero, Honey, Salt, Pepper, Water, and Cilantro.
- Marinade for about 20 minutes.
- While Shrimp is marinading, prepare the salsa.
- Chop up all ingredients for the Salsa and add them to a medium size bowl.
- Note: You can make the salsa up to a day ahead of time, just don’t add the Avocado until you are ready to serve.
- Once Shrimp is done marinading, add the Shrimp and the marinade to a large pan and saute for about 5 minutes on med-high heat until Shrimp and pink and cooked through.
- Add Salsa to Corn Tortilla shells, then top with Shrimp.
Note: Nutritional Facts does not include the Corn Tortillas