These Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos are perfect to make in the summer when you don’t want to turn the oven on. Just dump everything into the Slow Cooker and let it work its magic!
I love tacos. I make tacos at least once a week for my family, because A) It’s easy. B) Everyone loves tacos. And C) I love tacos.
I always think of that funny meme where Jack Black is posing like a model and the caption says “I want a hot body…but I also want tacos”. This just totally cracks me up every time!
I’m always trying to come up with new ways to make tacos to spice things up a bit.
Since it’s now August in Florida, which means it’s like 90 billion degrees outside (ok not really), but when you open the door to go outside it kinda feels like you’re walking into an inferno. I mean I love the heat, but when it’s this hot I don’t like turning on my oven to cook.
There’s a cool little taco joint we like to go to in the summer when we need to cool off and catch the cool ocean breeze. It’s a tiny little shack near the beach with a cool So Cal vibe.
This is the place where the locals go. On any given day you’ll find surf boards leaning up against the picnic tables outside with the surfers young and old grubbing on these tacos. They have the best tacos with a little So Cal flavor, but to eat here every week would be a little spendy.
So I decided to make my own version of their tacos to save a little $$.
Let me tell you, these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos are just as good, way healthier, and they are super simple to make!
Just add two boneless skinless chicken breasts to a slow cooker.
Then add in the onion, peppers, beans, pineapple, salsa, corn, and lime juice. Sprinkle the seasonings on top, give it a little stir, and cover. Note: if you’re using my homemade Taco Seasoning just add 2 Tbs of this, it is equal to the seasonings listed below in the recipe.
Set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours…and DONE! Seriously that’s it!
Whoever invented the slow cooker was a genius!
Now if you’re feeding a crowd just double or triple the recipe as needed. This would actually work really great for a potluck or get together. Taco party anyone?! Yaassss!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Hawaiian, Mexican
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup chopped Sweet Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Orange Pepper
- 1 cup chopped Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1 15oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped Pineapple + 1/2 cup for topping after cooked
- 3/4 cup Pineapple Salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen Corn
- 1/4 cup Lime juice (juice from about 2 limes)
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- In Crockpot place Chicken, Onion, Peppers, Beans, 1/2 cup Pineapple, Salsa, Corn, and Lime juice.
- Sprinkle all of the seasonings over everything.
- Give it a little stir.
- Place lid on Crockpot and cook on High setting for 4 hours.
- Shred Chicken with forks and stir to combine.
- Serve with Corn Tortillas and top with remaining Pineapple.