Get ready to fire up the grill for this Black and Blue Burger! These Burgers are stuffed with Blue Cheese and seasoned with my homemade Blackened Seasoning. Every bite of this Burger will be a taste explosion in your mouth!
Making these gourmet style burgers at home is definitely a money savor. I mean I think the last time I went out for a burger like this it was almost $20! That can really add up over time.
So now when I want a yummy burger, I just make them at home to save money. I do spend a little extra for the Grass-Fed Beef though. It’s not that much more and the taste is worth every penny!
What is a Black and Blue Burger?
The Burger is covered in Blackened Seasoning, making the burger looking black after it’s cooked. The Blue part comes from the Blue Cheese stuffed inside.
The seasoning and cheese is like the perfect blend of flavors that really compliment each other!
- Ground Beef – I prefer using Grass Fed Beef because I think the flavor is so much better! But you could use any type of ground beef around 80/20 or 85/15.
- Blue Cheese – Semi-soft crumbles with a slight sharp and salty flavor.
- Blackened Seasoning – I used my homemade Blackened Seasoning for this recipe. Made with Smoked Paprika, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Salt and Pepper. If you don’t want to make this, you can use your favorite store bought blackened seasoning.
How to make a Black and Blue Burger
To make these pre-heat your grill to about 400F. If you don’t have a grill, no worries! You can make these on the stove-top in a cast iron skillet or a grill pan.
Divide hamburger into 3 balls. Push in the center of each without going through the other side, creating a pocket for the Blue Cheese.
Place Blue Cheese in the pocket and seal up. Then flatten each one making a Pattie. It’s important to make sure the edges are sealed well before grilling.
Sprinkle both sides of the Patties with Blackened Seasoning.
Now just place the Patties on the grill and cook approximately 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
Add your favorite toppings and Wallaaaaaah! Now you can enjoy these gourmet Black and Blue Burgers from the comfort of your own home!
Toppings for Burgers
I topped these with Guacamole which was so good! You could also use ketchup, mayo, mustard, onions, pickles etc. I mean the possibilities are endless!
What to serve with Burgers?
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
- Grilled Veggie Skewers
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn
- Avocado Corn Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- Lemon Rosemary Prosciutto Potato Salad
- Skillet Cornbread
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up.
More Blackened Seasoning Recipes
- Blackened Shrimp Quinoa Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad
- Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich
- Blackened Tuna Steaks
- Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos with Mango Slaw
- Blackened Shrimp Cobb Salad
- Blackened Flank Steak Tacos with Avocado Lime Sauce
Black and Blue Burger
Get ready to fire up the grill for this Black and Blue Burger! These Burgers are stuffed with Blue Cheese and seasoned with my homemade Blackened Seasoning. Every bite of this Burger will be a taste explosion in your mouth
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb Ground Grass Fed Beef
- 2 – 3 oz Blue Cheese crumbles
For the Blackened Seasoning (Note you will only need 1-2 Tbs of this, see notes for storage):
- 2 Tbs ground Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp ground Cayenne
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat grill to around 400F
- Mix together all of the Blackened Seasonings
- Divide hamburger into 3 balls
- Push in the center of each without going through the other side, creating a pocket for the Blue Cheese
- Place Blue Cheese in the pocket and seal up
- Flatten each one making a Pattie
- Sprinkle both side with Blackened Seasoning and gently rub in
- Grill 5 minutes each side or until desired doneness
- Serve with your favorite toppings on a bun
Nutrition facts are for the burger only, this does not include a bun or toppings.
You will only need 1-2 Tbs of the Blackened Seasoning. You can store the rest in an airtight container in your spice cupboard.