I love a good banana bread, especially if it has chocolate chips in it! Since I went Gluten Free about 2 years ago I thought my banana bread eating days were over. Well I finally figured out how to make a really good Chocolate Chip Banana Bread that is Gluten Free! Also there is NO sugar added, I made this naturally sweet with honey and very ripe bananas.
In a hurry? Watch the 60 second recipe video below to learn how to make this! ↓
The key to a really good sweetened banana bread is to use very ripe bananas. As in they are almost black in color on the outside.
I’ve been letting these bananas sit on my kitchen counter for days just waiting for the perfect ripeness! They don’t look pretty, but man oh man they are soooo good when baked in this bread!
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is super easy to make too. Mash up the ripe bananas, this is always the fun part for me! 🙂
Add the honey, vanilla, coconut oil, applesauce, and eggs, mix well. Then add baking soda, almond flour, and coconut flour, mix well. Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Then add mix to greased loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
Now before you cut into this, let cool for at least an hour. I know, I know it’s tough when you have this delicious smelling banana bread just staring at you. 😛
Trust me, let it cool, otherwise it’ll fall apart and be a hot mess. (I learned that the hard way because I was too eager to eat this).
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂Print
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten Free)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 3 large ripe Bananas
- 3 Tbs Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil melted
- 4 oz Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray sides and bottom of loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl mash bananas.
- Add honey, vanilla, coconut oil, applesauce, and eggs, mix well.
- Add baking soda, almond flour, and coconut flour, mix well.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Add mix to loaf pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Let sit for 1 hour before cutting into.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!