Getting ready to host a Spring or Summer party? I’ve created a little step by step on how to make the Ultimate Charcuterie Board! This will seriously be a hit at your next party and it’s so easy to put together!
Ok so in case you didn’t know I am officially moving to Sarasota in less than 2 weeks!
If you’ve been following the blog, you may have noticed I was MIA this last week. So sorry, I promise I’ll get back on my regular schedule of posting yummy recipes for you guys in a few weeks once I’m settled into my new place!
It’s been a bit crazy around here trying to pack, keep up with my work schedule, and spending time with my friends. How many GoodBye parties can one have? There’s never too many in my opinion.
Any time there’s a good reason to throw a party, I’m all in! 🙂
So I was super excited when Gloria Ferrer sent me two bottles of sparkling wine. This went perfectly with the Charcuterie Board I created for my moving party!
Before we get to the delicious Charcuterie Board, we need to do some wine talk. 🙂
First off, I just want to say that I loved the taste of both of these sparkling wines. Gloria Ferrer sparkling wines have generous fruit aromas and flavors which is perfect for those warm Spring or Summer days.
The Brut Rose has an enticing Strawberry/Red Cherry aroma. The red fruit continues on to the mouth adding notes of Creme Brulee, Meyer Lemon, and Green Apple.
The Blanc De Blancs has a fragrance of Orange Blossom Bouquet. It boasts flavors of Granny Smith Apples, Lemongrass, Brioche and Vanilla Creme.
Now here’s a little history behind the wine, I just love it when there’s a good story behind the wine!
Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards is Carneros’ original sparkling wine house, owned and founded by the Ferrer family of Spain. Named for José Ferrer’s wife, Gloria, the winery opened in 1986 in the breezy, now-famous region in southernmost Sonoma County.
Gloria Ferrer is not only the first sparkling wine house in Sonoma Carneros, but also the first to bring back clones from France to plant their vineyard.
How cool is that?!
Thirty years later, with 335 acres under vine, the estate vineyards at Gloria Ferrer is known as experts in the production of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, and produce estate grown still and sparkling wines that rival some of the world’s finest.
Next time I’m in Sonoma County I am definitely making this my first stop. 🙂
Now let’s move on to how to make the Ultimate Charcuterie Board to pair with these delicious sparkling wines!
Basic Tips For Assembling A Charcuterie Board
- Select a variety of Meats, have an assortment of mild and bold flavors. Some people prefer a milder tasting meat, where others prefer the more bold flavors such as the Peppered Salami listed in this recipe.
- Select a variety of Cheeses, have an assortment of mild and bold flavors. Similar to the meats, some people prefer a milder cheese, while others prefer the more bold flavors such as the Chipotle Gouda listed in this recipe.
- Add seasonal Fruits, depending on what time of year you are serving this you can change it up. We made this in the spring/summer season and chose to use fresh Grapes, plus we thought it would pair well with the sparkling wine.
- Provide something Briny, such as Olives. We chose to use two different types, Kalamata Olives, and Green Olives. You could also use pickles, or any of your other favorite olives.
- Crackers and bread, we kept this charcuterie board gluten free. We provided an assortment of gluten free crackers to serve with everything.
- Alcohol, choose a white and a red sparkling wine. I recommend Gloria Ferrer Blanc De Blancs for the white and Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose for the red. They both go perfectly with this board!
- Putting it all together, depending on how many people you are serving will depend on how much to buy. It never hurts to have extra. For this board we used Red and Green Grapes, Pistachios, Green and Kalamata Olives, Prosciutto wrapped Mozzarella, Peppered Salami, Italian Dry Salami, Chipotle Gouda Cheese, Espresso BellaVitano Cheese, and Gluten Free Crackers.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
How To Make The Ultimate Charcuterie Board
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Appetizer, Gluten Free
- Green Grapes
- Red Grapes
- Green Olives
- Kalamata Olives
- Prosciutto wrapped Mozzarella
- Peppered Salami
- Italian Dry Salami
- Chipotle Gouda Cheese
- Espresso BellaVitano Cheese
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose
- Gloria Ferrer Blanc De Blancs
- Arrange all of the food on a large serving board.
- Serve with Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose and Blanc De Blancs
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.