This Bacon Apple and Gorgonzola Frittata is sweet, salty, and so savory! This will be your new favorite brunch!
Let’s hear it for the brunch lovers! I look forward to brunch every single weekend.
During the week I’m usually super busy and only have time to make smoothies for breakfast. So when the weekend rolls around, I look forward to slowing things down just a bit and cooking a nice hearty meal for brunch.
I recommend using a cast iron skillet for this frittata. That way you don’t have to worry about it sticking to the bottom and it cooks nice and evenly.
The best thing about this Bacon Apple and Gorgonzola Frittata is that it’s great served warm or cold. In fact I had this the next day as well and ate it cold… I actually thought that was better!
I hope you guys love this Bacon Apple and Gorgonzola Frittata as much as I did! It’s:
- and Insanely Delicious!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Bacon Apple and Gorgonzola Frittata
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 5 Eggs
- 3 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1/2 Fuji Apple cored and sliced thin
- 2 Tbs Gorgonzola crumbles
- 2 Tbs Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- In a 9 inch cast iron skillet fry Bacon over med heat until desired crispiness
- Remove Bacon and place on paper towel to drain
- Drain most of the Bacon grease from the pan leaving about 1 Tbs
- In a small bowl whisk together Eggs, Salt, and Pepper
- Heat skillet over med heat
- Place Apple slices and Bacon into a single layer in the skillet
- Pour Eggs evenly over Apples and Bacon
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola and Parmesan evenly over the Eggs
- Cook over medium heat until Eggs start to set about 3-4 min
- Use a spatula to lift the sides of the frittata and check that the bottom is not starting to burn—that’s important
- Using a plate or lid that’s large then the pan, place over pan and flip the Frittata onto the plate, you’ll need to be careful and quick
- Carefully slide the Frittata back into the pan to finish cooking, about 3 minutes
- Top with more Cheese if desired and serve
- Serve hot or cold