This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield, however all opinions expressed are my own. Ok you guys, I’m getting creative with bacon today by creating this delicious Bacon Wrapped Breakfast Burrito!
This is kind of like an inside out Burrito which I thought was super fun to make. But if you wanted to do a more traditional style burrito, you could fry up the bacon and stuff it inside on top of the Eggs and Cheese. It’s totally up to you, but I think you will love this “reimagined” version of the Breakfast Burrito!
I don’t know about you, but mornings can be a little crazy for me. Thank goodness Smithfield is here to inspire morning rushers to break free from the mundane and think outside of the box when it comes to breakfast.
This Breakfast Burrito can be ready in less than 30 minutes which is perfect for those busy mornings!
If you’ve been following the blog for a while then you know I’m a total Bacon lover! 🙂 I mean we all know everything is better with Bacon… am I right?!
Whether you like your Bacon crispy or chewy, Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon can be enjoyed on its own, or incorporated into a fun unique breakfast like this one!
Smithfield Bacon is available in a wide variety of flavors and cuts, like Cherrywood, Thick Cut and the classic Hometown Original. Smithfield’s bacon is known for being smoked and cured to perfection.
Seriously you guys… it’s soooo good!
So to start this recipe I first scrambled some eggs and then added them to a soft tortilla shell (I used gluten free). Then topped with shredded cheese, folded the ends of the tortilla and wrapped it up like a burrito.
Then just layer the Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon slices so they are wide enough to cover your burrito. Set the burrito on top and roll the bacon over it, covering the whole burrito.
Fry all four sides of the burrito (roughly 2-3 minutes each side), and serve!
Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring! Visit Smithfield.com for a variety of reimagined breakfast recipes ranging from sweet like Bacon, Peanut Butter & Banana Toast to savory like Eggs Benedict with Sausage, Balsamic Greens & Smoky Orange Hollandaise.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Check out the 60 second video on how to make this recipe below!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield, however all opinions expressed are my own.
Bacon Wrapped Breakfast Burrito
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 4 6 inch Soft Tortilla (I used gluten free)
- 12 large Eggs
- 1 cup shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 20–24 slices Bacon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat
- In a small bowl add Eggs and whisk to scramble
- Pour Eggs into warm large skillet
- Cook 2-3 minutes gently stirring them every so often to create scrambled Eggs
- Divide and add scrambled Eggs to center of each Tortilla
- Sprinkle Cheese over Eggs
- Wrap each Tortilla up like a Burrito making sure the ends are closed
- On a cutting board add the 5-6 slices of Bacon in a single layer lining them up next to one another (make sure it’s as wide as your Burrito)
- Place the Burrito on top of the Bacon
- Carefully roll the Bacon around the Burrito
- Repeat for each burrito
- Place the Bacon Burrito in a skillet over med heat
- Cook each side 3-4 minutes or until all sides of the Bacon are cooked through
- Serve immediately