This Lemon Pesto Asparagus and Prosciutto Pizza is made with fresh ingredients and is incredibly savory! It’s the perfect Springtime pizza!
We make homemade pizzas at least once a week in our house. A lot of times the pizza concoctions I make incorporate trying to use up produce or leftovers that are close to expiring in the fridge.
Since I had a bunch of Asparagus that needed to be used up, I figured it would be super good on pizza along with some Prosciutto which I always have on hand.
Then I was trying to decide what type of sauce I wanted. Typically I just brush on some EVOO mixed with minced Garlic over the crust, then top it with cheese etc.
But I wanted something Lemony since Lemons and Asparagus go so good together.
So I decided to make a homemade Lemon Pesto to spread over the crust.
Wow! Let me tell you the flavors of the Lemon Pesto, Asparagus, and Prosciutto along with the Cheeses are like a taste explosion in your mouth! So much goodness!
I hope you guys love this Lemon Pesto Asparagus and Prosciutto Pizza as much as we did! It’s:
- and INSANELY savory!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Lemon Pesto Asparagus and Prosciutto Pizza
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Italian
- 1 9 inch Schar gluten free pizza crust
- 1/2 cup shredded Grana Padano
- 1 Tbs chopped Shallots
- 2 Tbs EVOO
- 4–5 Asparagus stalks, chopped into bite size pieces (trim ends and discard)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- For the Lemon Pesto:
- 2 cups Italian Parsley
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Start by making the Lemon Pesto
- In a food processor add Parsley, Cashews, Parmesan, Garlic, Salt, Lemon Juice, and 1/4 cup EVOO
- Blend until smooth (Note this makes 1/2 cup Pesto but you only need 1/4 cup for this recipe. Store the rest in an air tight container in the fridge up to 5 days)
- Set pesto aside
- In a medium frying pan add 2 Tbs EVOO and heat over med heat
- Add Shallots and Asparagus, sauté 3-5 minutes until Asparagus is slightly softened
- Spread 1/4 cup of Lemon Pesto over Pizza Crust
- Sprinkle Grana Padano over Pesto
- Top with Asparagus, Shallots, and Mozzarella
- Bake as directed on package
- Top cooked Pizza with Prosciutto slices
- Serve immediately