Roasted Acorn Squash with Baked Eggs is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or anytime of the day!
I’ve been going out to brunch most weekends lately because I’ve been trying to get some inspiration for new recipes to try.
I stumbled across this great restaurant in downtown Sarasota one Saturday morning and listed on their brunch menu was a Roasted Acorn Squash with a Baked Egg inside.
This totally intrigued me, so of course I had to order it.
OMG… I was in foodie heaven!
So the following weekend I decided to stay in for brunch and do some experiments to make my own version of Roasted Acorn Squash with Baked Eggs.
The result? YUM YUM YUM!! You guys are seriously going to love this!
I used a really small Acorn Squash for this recipe. The smaller the better because you don’t want the egg to get lost inside of it.
I roasted this with EVOO, Sea Salt, Pepper, and Thyme. The Thyme really gives this recipe a unique sweet and savory flavor that is incredibly delicious!
Once roasted, crack an egg into each half and bake 10-15 minutes.
Now it’s important to note that you should really watch the last 5 minutes of cooking. You don’t want to overcook the eggs which is easy to do.
And of course feel free to cook the eggs to your desired consistency. I like mine more on the runny side. 🙂
I served this with some sautéed Spinach and Shallots which I thought paired really well with this. This is definitely my new favorite brunch!
I hope you guys love this Roasted Acorn Squash with Baked Eggs as much as I did! It’s:
- and 100% Delicious!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Roasted Acorn Squash with Baked Eggs
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 small Acorn Squash
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbs EVOO divided
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 2.5 oz fresh Spinach
- 1 small Shallot finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Trim ends off of Acorn Squash, cut in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds
- Place Acorn Squash on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Brush 2 Tbs of EVOO over insides of squash
- Sprinkle with Salt, Pepper, and Thyme
- Turn squash over so the inside is face down
- Bake 20 minutes
- While the squash is cooking saute the spinach
- In a medium frying pan add 1 Tbs of EVOO and heat over med heat
- Add Shallots and saute 1-2 min
- Add Spinach and saute 4-5 min, set aside
- When Acorn Squash has cooked, remove from oven and flip over so inside is facing up
- Add one Egg to the center of each half of squash
- Bake 10-15 min or until yolks have set
- Serve immediately along with the sautéed Spinach