This Butternut Squash Spaghetti with Fried Sage and Pancetta is so easy to make. Using a homemade Butternut Squash pasta sauce, tossed with the Spaghetti, Fried Sage and Pancetta… Wow, so savory!
Last week I shared with you all my homemade Butternut Squash and Sage Pasta Sauce recipe. Well as promised here is a recipe to incorporate that sauce with!
Now you can make the pasta sauce ahead of time and store it in an air tight container in the fridge 3-4 days. I prefer making it ahead of time, that way during the week I can whip up dinners like this with very little effort.
The pasta sauce recipe makes about 3 cups, however only 1 cup is needed for this Butternut Squash Spaghetti with Fried Sage and Pancetta I made today, which is approximately 2 servings.
This is such a warm, cozy, fall recipe and is perfect for those busy weeknights.
I hope you guys love this Butternut Squash Spaghetti with Fried Sage and Pancetta as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Full of flavor
- and Incredibly Delicious
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Butternut Squash Spaghetti with Fried Sage and Pancetta
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian, Gluten free
- 250 grams Spaghetti (I used gluten free DeLallo brand)
- 5 cups cubed Butternut Squash (approximately 1 medium butternut squash)
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 cloves whole Garlic
- 24 fresh Sage Leaves divided
- 4 Tbs EVOO divided
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 oz diced Pancetta
- Shredded Parmesan for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add Butternut Squash, Onion, Garlic, and 12 Sage Leaves to a large sheet pan
- Drizzle 2 Tbs EVOO, and sprinkle Salt and Pepper over everything
- Mix so everything is evenly coated
- Bake 20 minutes or until squash has softened and can be pierced easily with a fork
- Remove from oven and add to a food processor
- Add Vegetable Broth and blend until smooth
- Cook the Spaghetti as directed on package or until al dente
- While Spaghetti is cooking fry the Pancetta and Sage
- In a large frying pan add 2 Tbs EVOO and heat over med heat
- Add Pancetta and Sage to frying pan and sauté 5-8 minutes until Sage is crispy and Pancetta is cooked all the way through
- Drain pasta saving 1 cup of pasta water to thin out the sauce
- Add pasta to the pan with Pancetta and Sage
- Add 1 cup of the Butternut Squash pasta sauce
- Turn heat up to med/high
- Toss pasta with the sauce for about 2 minutes, adding a little bit of the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce so it coats all of the pasta
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and serve immediately
- (Note: the recipe for the Butternut Squash pasta sauce makes 3 cups, but only 1 cup is needed for 2 servings. You can store the rest of the sauce in an air tight container in the fridge 3-4 days, or freezer 4-6 months.)