This Chocolate Avocado Pie with a Cashew Crust is so creamy and delicious! You honestly can’t even taste the Avocado, it tastes so incredibly chocolaty!
Whoever invented the first Chocolate Avocado Dessert was absolutely genius! I mean who would have ever thought that you could put Avocados in a dessert and make it taste good?!
This was actually my first time experimenting with Avocados to make a dessert. I’ve used them in Smoothies like this Healthy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie, which BTW is super good for breakfast.
What makes this Smoothie so chocolaty is the Cacao Powder, so I decided to make a yummy dessert with Avocado, Cacao Powder and a few other ingredients (full recipe below).
Now let’s take a moment to talk about this Cashew Pie Crust shall we? It is super easy to make!
In a large food processor (affiliate) add Raw Cashews, Sweetened Coconut Flakes and Cacao Powder. Blend 20-30 seconds until Cashews are finely chopped.
Add in the Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil. Blend until it forms a sticky dough.
Press the crust into an 8 inch Pie Pan. The crust will be sticky so it helps if you use a spatula or parchment paper to spread it out.
Then place it in the fridge to let it set.
Once the pie crust has set add in the Chocolate Avocado filling. Top with Cacao Nibs and place the pie back into the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Note: The crust will be sticky. If you want a more firmer crust just put it in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
I hope you guys love this Chocolate Avocado Pie with a Cashew Crust as much as we did! It’s:
- and Oh So Savory!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Chocolate Avocado Pie with a Cashew Crust
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
For the Pie Crust
- 1 1/3 cup Raw Cashews unsalted
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 Tbs Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs melted Coconut Oil
For the Chocolate Avocado filling
- 1 heaping cup of ripe Avocado flesh, about 3 Avocados
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbs melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Truvia white sugar
- Cacao Nibs
Prepare the Pie Crust
- In a large food processor add the dry ingredients for the pie crust, cashews, coconut flakes, and cacao powder
- Blend 20-30 seconds until cashews are finely chopped
- Add Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil
- Blend until it forms a sticky dough, if too dry add 1 Tbs of water and blend again
- Press the crust into the bottom of an 8 inch pie pan
- Crust will be sticky so use a spatula or place parchment paper over it and spread with your hands
- Place the pie pan in the fridge to set the crust
Prepare the Chocolate Avocado filling
- In the same food processor add the avocado flesh, maple syrup, cacao powder, almond milk, coconut oil, and Truvia
- Blend until creamy
- Taste and if you want more sweetness add more Truvia to your liking
- Pour filling into pie crust
- Sprinkle cacao nibs over the top for decoration
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours
The crust will be a little sticky. If you want a more firm crust, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes, then cut and serve.
Keywords: chocolate avocado pie, dessert, cashew pie crust, gluten free pie