These Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls are easy peasy to make. Just add everything to a Slow Cooker, and in a few hours dinner is done!
I love using my Slow Cooker in the summer. I mean who wants to turn on the stove when it’s 100 degrees outside! (That’s the current temp here in Southern Florida right now, whew!)
I’ve been looking for ways to jazz up my Taco Tuesday Night.
So I decided to try something new by adding:
and my homemade Taco Seasoning to a Slow Cooker.
Check out the 60 second video below!
I did this a few times, testing it once on high for 4 hours and once on low for 8 hours (both worked perfectly).
At the very end just shred up the Chicken with a fork and mix everything together with a large spoon.
Absolute heaven in a bowl! 🙂
I made some Cilantro Lime Rice to put on the side (psst – that recipe coming soon!)
Then topped the bowl with:
But really you could add any of your favorite Taco toppings to this.
You don’t even have to put it in a bowl.
You could wrap this yummy goodness up in a burrito if you wanted.
I chose the bowl method to save on Carbs… because hey it’s still swim suit season! 🙂
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican, Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz jar of Medium Salsa
- 10 oz bag of frozen Corn Kernels
- 15 oz can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Sweet Onion chopped
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups of cooked Rice
- Toppings of choice:
- Lime Juice
- Add Chicken, Salsa, Corn, Beans, and Onion to Slow Cooker.
- Combine Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Cumin, Salt, and Pepper to a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the ingredients in the Slow Cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Shred cooked Chicken and mix well.
- Add to bowls of Rice and top with your favorite toppings.