This post was sponsored by Green Giant as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. These Spiralized Carrots with Shrimp in a Coconut Lemon Dill Sauce are so delicious, healthy, and are super easy to make!
If you’ve been following the blog for awhile then you know how much I love spiralizing veggies and using them to replace noodles to create a healthier meal.
Well today I found something even easier to make, these Green Giant® Veggie Spirals! They can be found in the freezer section at Walmart, and are great because the veggies are already spiralized, which means less work in the kitchen!
They totally put a new spin on noodles, you guys are going to love these! Green Giant® Veggie Spirals are the perfect swap-in for traditional pasta. They’re gluten free of course, and come without sauce or seasonings so you can prepare them just the way you like.
Made with 100% vegetables, new Green Giant® Veggie Spirals have up to 90% fewer calories than pasta*(*varieties have 65 percent to 90 percent fewer calories per serving than the leading brand of spaghetti), making them the perfect swap-in. They are perfect as an entrée, a side dish, or soup.
Alright let’s get started with this delicious recipe!
There are a few different ways to cook these, I chose to cook them in a skillet on my stovetop. I just added them to the skillet, put the cover on and let it steam for about 10 minutes. I did stop to stir it up a few times just to loosen the veggie noodles so they didn’t stick together.
On the package it says to drain any excess water, but honestly when I used this method of cooking there wasn’t any excess water which was perfect.
While the veggie spirals were cooking I made my sauce which consists of:
- Coconut Milk (I used the regular kind in a can, do not use lite it’ll be too thin)
- Fresh Dill Weed (I use fresh herbs for more flavor)
- Lemon Juice (from a freshly squeezed lemon is always best)
- Sea Salt
Mixed it all up in a food processor and set it aside to add in at the end.
Next I washed and dried the Shrimp. Sprinkled a pinch of Sea Salt and Red Pepper Flakes over them and added them to a warm skillet with EVOO. Sautéed 2-3 minutes until Shrimp were cooked through.
Once veggie spirals were fully cooked I poured the Coconut Lemon Dill Sauce over them and added the Shrimp, cooking for about 1 minute.
With a tongs I added the veggie spirals to each plate first, topped with the Shrimp, and poured the desired amount of Coconut Lemon Dill Sauce over them.
I hope you guys love these Spiralized Carrots with Shrimp in a Coconut Lemon Dill Sauce as much as I did! It’s:
- Super easy to make
- Full of flavor
- and 100% Delicious!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Spiralized Carrots with Shrimp in a Coconut Lemon Dill Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Seafood
- 1 12oz package Green Giant® Veggie Carrot Spirals
- 1 13.66oz can unsweetened Coconut Milk (regular, not lite)
- 1 – 2 handfuls of fresh Dill Weed
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Lemon juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 8 Jumbo Butterflied Shrimp
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1–2 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Add frozen Green Giant® Veggie Carrot Spirals to a large pan, cover and heat over med/high heat for about 10 minutes, drain any excess liquid
- While the carrot spirals are cooking make the sauce and the shrimp
- In a food processor add Coconut Milk, Dill, Garlic, Lemon Juice, and 1/2 tsp Salt (taste and add more to your liking), blend well and set aside
- Wash and dry Shrimp, sprinkle a pinch of Sea Salt and Red Pepper Flakes over them
- In a medium pan add EVOO and heat over med heat
- When oil is warm add Shrimp
- Saute 2-3 minutes until cooked through
- Add Shrimp and Coconut Sauce to cooked Green Giant® Veggie Carrot Spirals, heat for 1 minute
- Add carrot spirals to each plate, top with shrimp, and spoon desired coconut sauce over everything
- Serve immediately