This Vegan Jalapeño Cashew “Cheese” Dip is loaded with flavor. This will be a hit at your next party for sure!
Even though I’m not vegan, I do love to incorporate vegan dishes into my diet once in awhile. I have a few friends that are vegans and they were sharing with me how they used cashews to make vegan cheese. This totally intrigued me so I started scouring the internet for recipes.
I found several recipes for cashew cheeses, sauces, and even queso. From what I learned, the key is to soak your cashews at least 6 hrs or overnight if you can, this will soften them up and make them creamier when blended.
Another key ingredient to give it that ‘cheese’ taste is to use Nutritional Yeast. Honestly I had never used this ingredient before. But after I tasted how cheesy this dip tasted, I’m a huge fan of it!
I will definitely be making more dishes with cashew cheese!
I hope you guys love this Vegan Jalapeño Cashew “Cheese” Dip as much as I did! It’s:
- and Totally Addicting!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Vegan Jalapeño Cashew “Cheese” Dip
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 17 mins
- Yield: 16-20
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Mexican
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Cashews (soaked for 6 hrs or overnight in cool water)
- 1-2 small Jalapeños (1 for less spicy, 2 for more spicy)
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Water
- Soak Cashews at least 6 hrs or if you can soak overnight in cool water. Drain and then proceed with recipe.
- Slice Jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove seeds (wear gloves or wash your hands right away after handling to avoid burning)
- Place face down on baking sheet and broil on high 4-7 minutes until skin has blackened
- Remove from oven and carefully peel the skin off of the Jalapeños (again you may want to wear gloves for this)
- Add Jalapeños, Cashews, Nutritional Yeast, Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Water to a food processor
- Blend until smooth, you may need to stop in between and scrape down sides
- If you like your dip thinner, add more water if desired
- Taste and add more spices to your liking if needed
- Serve immediately (store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days
- You can also heat this in the microwave if you like your dip hot