Ahhhh Caribbean Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps…you had me at Caribbean. 🙂 When we were in the Caribbean on our last cruise there were Jerk Chicken stands on the streets. Locals would have a big grill set up and would be cooking this delicious chicken all day. If you haven’t tried the local food in the Caribbean, this is a must!
There’s also many stands selling spices in the Caribbean, so I made sure to pick up some local Jerk Seasoning. You can also find Jerk Seasoning at most grocery stores that taste just as good.
So today I was missing the Caribbean and decided to make my own Low Carb version of Jerk Chicken wraps using lettuce leaves. You can use any big lettuce leaves for this, I used Romaine Lettuce.
This was super easy to make too. Just fry up the chicken with the Jerk Spices. Then pile everything into your lettuce leaf. Then chow down – Nom Nom Nom! 🙂
If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 8 Romaine leaves
- 1 Tbs Jerk seasoning
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 2 cups Coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime cut into 4 wedges
- For the Sauce:
- 1 6oz So Delicious Cultured Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt (you can use regular plain yogurt too)
- ½ tsp Jerk seasoning (more or less depending on how much spice you like)
- Mix sauce together until well blended
- In large frying pan add coconut oil, chicken, and jerk seasoning.
- Cook until no longer pink.
- Fill romaine leaves like you would fill a taco shell with remainder ingredients.
- Squeeze lime juice onto each wrap.
- Drizzle sauce on top.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!