Ok you guys, so I have been trying to perfect making these Baked Asian Chicken Thighs. Chicken thighs were on sale this week, so I bought a boat load of them to practice on! 🙂
I used a super simple marinade for this Chicken using Rice Wine Vinegar, Tamari (GF Soy Sauce), Sesame Oil, Honey, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes.
I love easy recipes like this. Where you can put a marinade together in a ziploc bag, throw in some meat, and let it sit and marinate all of its goodness into the meat as it sits in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
Then I can use that time to:
A) get some more work done
B) take an afternoon siesta!
Yes, I chose B. 🙂
Ok normally I would be a total dud and use this time to get more work done, but the work load has been really catching up to me lately. I’ve been feeling run down and exhausted.
I’m a big believer that you have to stop and listen to your body. So today I chose to nap, and now I feel like a new person. Ahhh, it’s the little things.
Seriously though, this chicken is so delish! It’s sweet and savory with a little kick to it.
Normally I take the skin off of my chicken, but I decided to leave it on this time for a little crispy/sticky treat for me. It reminds me of being a kid and getting chicken from the deli…I would peel off all of the crispy seasoned skin and just eat that. Hey, who says you have to be healthy all the time, right?!
So you can make this healthier and skin the chicken thighs first. Or you can be a little bad and leave it on…I don’t judge. 🙂
If you try this recipe let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s really helpful to me and other readers!
And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- For the marinade:
- ½ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- ¼ cup Sesame Oil
- 4 Tbs Honey
- 2 Tbs Minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade in a large ziploc bag.
- Add chicken, lay them flat in the bag, seal bag, and mix the marinade around it.
- Flip the bag half way through so marinade coats both sides well.
- Marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place Chicken Thighs skin side down in greased glass baking dish.
- Save marinade for basting.
- Bake chicken 15 minutes, flip the chicken over and baste with marinade.
- Discard marinade.
- Bake 15 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through.