This Baked Chicken stuffed with Arugula Pesto and Mozzarella is super easy to make and loaded with flavor! This will be your new favorite easy weeknight meal!
To date one of my most popular recipes on the blog is this Baked Spinach Provolone Chicken Breast. It was a total experiment that just worked!
Ever since then I’ve been creating new ways to stuff chicken, like this Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Brie and Rosemary, or this Pesto Mushroom and Swiss Stuffed Chicken Breast.
Since I had some leftovers of this Arugula Pesto that I made, I thought ‘Hey why not try this on Chicken!’
So I simply butterflied the Chicken Breast.
Added the Arugula Pesto to the middle (I left some extra to top the Chicken with after it baked).
Then added some slices of fresh Mozzarella.
Folded it over, added it to a glass baking dish and baked it at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
I hope you guys love this Baked Chicken stuffed with Arugula Pesto and Mozzarella as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- and Insanely Delicious!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Baked Chicken stuffed with Arugula Pesto and Mozzarella
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts butterflied
- 4 oz sliced Mozzarella
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1 cup fresh Italian Parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 2 Tbs Capers drained and rinsed
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add Arugula, Parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano, Cashews, Capers, Garlic, and EVOO to a food processor
- Pulse 20-30 seconds, stopping and scraping down the sides in between
- The texture should be smooth and not pasty
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste
- Makes approximately 1 cup of pesto, however you only need 1/2 cup for this recipe (you can store the rest in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days)
- Spray 2 qt baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Butterfly the Chicken Breasts
- Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto to the inside of each Chicken Breast (be careful not to cross contaminate, you will save half of the pesto for the end, so you may want to divide it in half before adding it to the Chicken)
- Add Mozzarella slices inside of each Chicken Breast
- Fold Chicken in half like a sandwich keeping the stuffing inside (you can place toothpicks through edge of the Chicken as well to give it a better seal)
- Place Chicken on baking pan
- Bake 30 minutes or until Chicken is no longer pink inside
- Top cooked Chicken with 1/4 cup of remaining pesto