Thank you Potatoes USA for sponsoring this post. Make a delicious and convenient meal for your family tonight with potatoes! These Cajun Spiralized Potatoes and Sausage Foil Packets come together in 15 minutes! Just add everything to a foil packet and bake or grill, this makes for easy cleanup too!
If you’ve been following the blog, you may have noticed I’ve been on a bit of a Cajun cooking kick lately. 😀
I can’t help it. Ever since I moved to the south 3 years ago, I’ve been obsessed with learning how to make more southern cuisine!
Which brings me to this new foil packet creation.
Cooking meals in a foil packet is one of my go-to cooking methods during the busy weeknights. I just love it when you can throw all of your ingredients together, seal it up, bake or grill it, and Bam dinner is done!
Plus no messy cleanup!
This recipe requires just a handful of ingredients:
White Potatoes from Potatoes USA
Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
Old Bay Seasoning
Now the fun part… spiralizing the Potatoes! Using White Potatoes from Potatoes USA is perfect for this recipe. Not only are they convenient to buy, but they’re the perfect size for spiralizing!
I have an Inspiralizer, so I used the blade B setting to make thicker spiralized Potatoes.
If you’re using a different brand you’ll want to use the blade setting that makes the thicker spiralized shapes like in the picture below.
Now to put the foil packets together!
Make sure you spray the inside of the aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray first.
Add in Onions, Peppers, and Andouille Sausage.
Then add in the spiralized Potatoes. Potatoes are a key staple in every cuisine around the world, including this yummy Cajun dish!
Next sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning over everything and drizzle with Olive Oil.
Seal up all four sides of the foil packet and place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Garnish with some fresh Parsley and dinner is served!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up.
Make sure you check out the Potatoes Goodness Facebook page for more yummy potato recipes!Print
Cajun Spiralized Potatoes and Sausage Foil Packets
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Cajun, Gluten Free
- 4 white potatoes, peeled and spiralized (I used blade B on my Inspiralizer)
- 1 sweet onion sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 12oz package andouille sausage sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- parsley for garnish *optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use 2 baking sheets to place foil packets on.
- Line each one with 2 – 12 inch pieces of aluminum foil.
- Spray each one with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add onions, peppers, potatoes, and sausage evenly to each foil packet.
- Sprinkle old bay seasoning evenly over ingredients.
- Seal foil on all four sides.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
- For grilling – heat grill to med/high heat. Place foil packets over indirect heat. Cook 15 minutes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.