You guys… I have been obsessed with this Cilantro Tomato Avocado Smash with Poached Eggs. OBSESSED!
This has been my go-to easy healthy breakfast almost every Friday morning…
Monday through Thursday are usually smoothie days for me… but come Friday… Oh Yeah, this yummy breakfast is on! 🙂
There are a variety of ways you can make an Avocado Smash on Toast and I’m always looking for new ways to jazz it up.
On my recent road trip down to Naples, FL, I had a palate awakening when I stopped into a local cafe for breakfast.
They had an Avocado Smash with Cilantro, Tomatoes, on top of gluten free toast, and then topped with Poached Eggs.
I had never had Avocado Smash mixed with Cilantro and Tomatoes before, all I can say is… YUM!
When I came home from my trip I knew I had to try and recreate this yummy recipe to share with you all. 🙂
It’s really pretty simple.
Just take a ripe Avocado, pit it, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl.
Smash the Avocado with a fork to your desired consistency. I like mine a little chunky, but if you like yours creamier then keep on smashin!
Add in some fresh chopped Cilantro and Tomatoes.
Squeeze some fresh Lemon Juice in (the lemon juice really jazzes this up a notch!)
Add a little Sea Salt and Pepper.
Mix and spread it on to your favorite toast (since I’m gluten free I like to use Canyon Bakehouse, their gluten free bread is awesome).
Then add a couple of Poached Eggs on top.
—–> Check out my post on How To Perfectly Poach An Egg
Now you can proceed to chow down on this heavenly breakfast!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbs Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbs Chopped Tomato
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices Gluten Free bread
- Slice Avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl.
- Add Cilantro, Tomato, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper.
- Smash and mix together with a fork, set aside.
- Toast 2 slices of bread, spread Avocado mixture on each slice and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan fill half way with water.
- Heat over med-high heat until water comes to a just barely rolling boil (don't bring to a full boil).
- Crack each Egg into a Ramekin dish.
- Bring Ramekin dish as close to the water as you can and slowly add the Egg to the water.
- Cook 2½ minutes.
- Scoop Eggs out with a slotted spoon and place on top of Avocado Toast.