Alright, let’s hear it for the fried chicken lovers!!! 🙂 I love a good fried chicken, but I don’t like all of the grease that goes with it. Also most fried chicken is made with flour which has Gluten in it, which I can’t eat. So I decided to make a healthy Gluten Free Oven Fried Jerk Chicken. Let me tell ya, it’s finger lickin good! 🙂
I spent a lot of time in the Caribbean the past couple of years. I love, love, love, the Jerk Chicken that you get from the vendors on the street. They have these big industrial size grills and fry up the best Jerk Chicken all day long. If you see one of these stands set up in the Caribbean, it’s definitely a must to stop and grab a bite to eat.
I also love picking up spices from the Caribbean. I picked up some Jerk Seasoning, which I used for this recipe. You can buy Jerk Seasoning in most grocery stores as well, but the spice may differ. So depending on how spicy you like your chicken, you can really kick it up a notch by adding more Jerk Seasoning.
When you bake this chicken, make sure you place the chicken on wire racks over a pan. That way all of the grease drizzles to the bottom of the pan, and doesn’t get left on the chicken.
I love making this Oven Fried Jerk Chicken with a big slice of Cornbread and baked beans…Mmmmmm, now that’s down home cookin! 🙂 Are you drooling yet? Now see, who says Gluten Free cooking can’t taste good!
Try this and let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂Print
Gluten Free Oven Fried Jerk Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Chicken Breasts skin on bone in
- 1 cup Gluten Free Panko
- 1 Tbs Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In shallow dish add heavy cream, I used a pie plate.
- In large plate add panko and jerk seasoning, mix well.
- Cover 1 baking sheet with tin foil and place a wire rack on top to set the chicken on.
- Add each piece of chicken to the heavy cream and coat all sides.
- Then dip each piece of chicken into the panko mix and coat all sides.
- Place the chicken on top of wire rack breast side up.
- Bake 1 hour.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!