This Slow Cooker Rosemary Lemon Chicken and Red Potatoes is an easy healthy meal to put together. Just add everything to a Slow Cooker and let it do the magic!
I love it when I can just throw everything in a Slow Cooker and have dinner waiting for me when I get home at night.
You may have noticed I’ve been doing a lot of Slow Cooker recipes lately. Well technically January is National Slow Cooker Month! 🙂
But that’s not why I’ve been making these. I just love easy meals, and I haven’t had a whole lot of time to cook lately.
I came up with this recipe on a whim one day. I had half a bag of Red Potatoes sitting on my counter that were starting to grow eyes on them… so I had to think of something that day to make with them.
I found some Chicken in the fridge along with some Rosemary, Lemons, and Onion. So I thought ‘Hey, why don’t I just throw all this in my Slow Cooker!’ Genius. 😛
The Red Potatoes I had were medium size, so I just quartered them and put them on the bottom of the Slow Cooker along with the Onions. I sprinkled the tops of these with Salt, Pepper, and Rosemary.
Added the Chicken Breasts on top.
Squeezed the fresh juice out of 2 Lemons (about 1/2 cup) and poured it over the Chicken and Potatoes.
Added more Rosemary to the top of the Chicken, put the lid on and cooked on low setting. Left it for 6 hours and got boat loads of work done! Love productive days like this! 🙂
Here’s what I love about this meal:
- It’s so healthy, serve it with a side of your favorite veggies and you’re good to go!
- The Potatoes cook perfectly and are so flavorful
- The Chicken stays tender and moist with delicious flavors from the Lemon and Rosemary
- It’s super easy to make
- This also makes great leftovers!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #tastefulventure on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Slow Cooker Rosemary Lemon Chicken and Red Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Crock Pot
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breast
- 8 medium Red Potatoes washed and quartered
- 1/2 Sweet Onion diced
- 2 tsp dried Rosemary
- a few sprigs of fresh Rosemary for more flavor or garnish
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice, about 2 lemons
- Add Onion and Potatoes to bottom of Slow Cooker.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper over Potatoes along with 1 tsp Rosemary.
- Place Chicken on top of Potatoes.
- Pour Lemon Juice over Chicken and Potatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp Rosemary over Chicken.
- Place a few sprigs of fresh Rosemary on top of Chicken.
- Cover and heat on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.