These Skillet Apple Chicken Thighs are an easy peasy weeknight dinner! The Chicken is so tender, juicy, and savory!
It’s Fall and Apple Season is in full swing… well maybe not here in Florida haha, but I can pretend right?!
I grew up in the Midwest. Minnesota to be exact and every fall I looked forward to visiting Apple Orchards. It was a family tradition of ours.
We would walk around the Orchards picking as many different varieties of Apples as we could fit into our bucket.
Once we were back at home I’d head into the kitchen to create as many yummy recipes with Apples as I could think of. Back then I created mostly desserts with the Apples, like pies, bars, etc.
These days I’m not much into baking pies, or making desserts with Apples. Mainly because I’m trying to live a more healthier lifestyle. Not that I don’t indulge every once in awhile, I typically just don’t like keeping sweets in my house… because I would eat them all in one sitting. 😛
So today I decided to create a healthier recipe using Apples, Chicken Thighs, and some fresh seasonings. This recipe requires only one skillet and can be made in under 30 minutes!
I hope you guys love these Skillet Apple Chicken Thighs as much as we did! They’re:
- Simple to make
- and totally Satisfying
Oh and if you’re looking to pair this with wine, I’d recommend a nice dry Rose’ .
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it tastefulventure on Instagram!
I LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Skillet Apple Chicken Thighs
These Skillet Apple Chicken Thighs are and easy peasy weeknight dinner! The Chicken is so tender, juicy, and savory!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Chicken, Gluten Free
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 2 Medium Fuji Apples sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Small Red Onion sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup White Cooking Wine
- 1/4 cup Fresh Sage chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of Chicken with Salt and Pepper
- Add Coconut Oil to a 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet and heat over over med/high heat
- When oil starts to shimmer add Chicken
- Fry Chicken 5 minutes each side, then remove and place them on a plate
- Lower the heat to medium
- Add Butter, Apples, Onion, Sage, and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
- Sauté 3 minutes
- Add Chicken Stock and Wine
- Add Chicken
- Cook 7-10 minutes or until Chicken is fully cooked (cooking times can vary depending on size of thighs)