I LOVE Salmon, maybe it’s my Norwegian heritage. I could seriously eat this every day of the week.
When we were on our most recent cruise, there was a night where they had Teriyaki Salmon on the menu. It was so good and my son gobbled it up like he hadn’t eaten in a week. He was like ‘mom, can you learn how to make this?’
Ok, so I’m always up for a challenge! I’ve made salmon dozens of times, but never quite like this.
I made a Teriyaki sauce from scratch, that is super easy. I used Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Ginger, Honey, Water, and Almond Flour. Now when you are mixing the sauce together it won’t get as thick using Almond Flour. So when you add the sauce onto the fish and put it in the oven, it will be almost like a marinade. All of the flavors from the sauce will absorb into the Salmon and every bite will be uber delicous! To get that nice Teriyaki glaze on top, I broiled this for 4-5 minutes after cooking.
My toughest critic (my son), ate 3 of these Salmon fillets! He said this was wayyyyy better than the cruise ship Teriyaki Salmon. Woohoo! Another score for mom, I get the kid approval! 🙂
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did. And remember, If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s really helpful for me and other readers. 🙂 And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 4 5oz Salmon fillets with skin
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbs fresh grated Ginger
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 Tbs Almond Flour
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish with non stick cooking spray
- Add Salmon fillets skin side down.
- In small bowl whisk together water and almond flour and set aside.
- In medium saucepan add tamari, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, and honey.
- Cook over medium heat until simmering.
- Add almond flour and water mixture.
- Whisk until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Let sauce cool slightly, then pour over salmon and bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven to Broil on high and broil additional 4-5 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- Garnish with green onions.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox! Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!