Let’s hear it for the breakfast lovers! These Sausage Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Cups are super easy to make. Just layer everything in a muffin tin and bake! You can also make these ahead and reheat them for a quick on-the-go breakfast!
Since I discovered how easy it was to make breakfast in a muffin tin, I have been trying to do this as often as I can.
At first I was like, wait a minute…I thought a muffin tin was for muffins! Who knew? Apparently a whole lot of people already knew about this concept thanks to Pinterest!
So I’m going to show you a little step by step in the pictures below on how I made this breakfast come together. Are you ready?!
First off, if you buy a bag of frozen hash browns, make sure you thaw out about 3 1/2 cups for this recipe.
In a large bowl add hash browns, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix this well.
Spray your 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. I like to use the Olive Oil kind.
Then spoon the hash browns into each muffin tin cup and press down and all around the edges. Make sure to build the hash browns up along the edges because when they bake they will shrink a bit.
Bake the hash browns on 400 degrees for about 25 minutes until the hash browns are nice and crispy.
Next add the cut up sausage. I used Applegate brand – Chicken and Apple Sausage Links for this. I like this sausage because it’s a little healthier, not as greasy, and it comes pre-cooked.
Now just spoon in the whisked eggs evenly into each cup. I say to use a spoon, because if you try pouring it in you may get too much egg in some of the cups. Use a spoon so you have control over how much egg is in each cup. Start with a little bit in each cup, then add accordingly so they are all even.
Top with some shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack).
Bake another 10-15 minutes, and DONE!
Now you can easily remove these Sausage Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Cups out of the muffin tin and enjoy this super delicious breakfast!
I had plenty of left overs, so I refridgerated them in a Ziploc bag. This was awesome because now I had breakfast already made for the next few days! Woo Hoo!
If you try this recipe let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s super helpful to me and other readers!
- 3½ cups thawed Hash Browns
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 5 Eggs
- 5 pre-cooked Chicken and Apple Sausage (I use Applegate)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray (I use Olive Oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl add hash browns, olive oil, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Mix well.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon in hash browns evenly into muffin cups and press down and around the edges.
- Make sure to build the hash browns up along the edges as they will shrink down when cooked.
- Bake 25 minutes until hash browns are crispy.
- Add sausage evenly over hash browns.
- In small bowl whisk together eggs.
- Spoon eggs over sausage.
- Top with Cheese.
- Bake additional 10-15 minutes until eggs are fully cooked.
If you like this recipe subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get new recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Click Here To Subscribe and Get Our 3 Day Detox Guide As A Bonus!