My love for Quinoa just keeps growing! It’s so versatile and you can put it in almost anything. This 20 Minute Quinoa Summer Salad is so easy to make.
Ok guys, it’s summer in Florida – It’s HOT! So I really don’t feel like turning on the oven today. 🙂
I love summer, I love the heat, and I love this salad! This is so light and refreshing to have in the summer. You can even make it ahead of time, pack it in a tupperware dish, and take it to the beach! In fact that’s what I’m going to be doing today with this. 🙂
Quinoa generally takes about 20 minutes to make. If you can make rice, you can make Quinoa – it’s that easy!
Add Quinoa and water to a pot, bring to boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
While the Quinoa is cooking you can chop up all your veggies and throw them in a bowl.
Add the cooked Quinoa, and done! You have an amazing healthy protein packed summer salad!
Remember – If you try this, let me know what you think! Just leave a comment below and rate it – it’s super helpful for me and other readers. 🙂
And don’t forget to take a picture and Hashtag it #Tastefulventure on Instagram so I can see!
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup diced Celery
- ¼ cup diced Cucumber
- ¼ cup diced Carrots
- ¼ cup chopped Green Onion
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan add quinoa and water and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer on med-low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking prepare veggies.
- One quinoa is done, add to large bowl, and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well.
- You can serve this warm or chilled.